Pre-Contract Engineering Manager - Flexible Working Available )
Location: Flexible working with site & office visits when required (London)
*Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.*
Would you like to work for one of the most successful and secure companies within the UK Construction and Infrastructure industry with a vision to be a market leader across all of the sectors in which we operate?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners, ourselves, and our employees.
With talented people as the key to our success we operate a culture whereby personal and professional development are at the forefront of our efforts to attract and retain the best people in the industry.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Rail business for an ambitious and talented Pre-Contract Engineering Manager.
Working within the pre-contract and work winning team. Responsible for the tender / precontract management of internal and external engineering resources to ensure deliverables are completed on time, to budget and in agreement with the tender requirements. Providing innovative solutions to complex engineering projects at tender stage.
We are looking for people who share our passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in relevant field
- Chartered Engineer or similar and participation in affiliated bodies for example Institution of Civil Engineering
- Previous senior level involvement in the provision of design management services for civil engineering design and construction in a multi-disciplinary rail environment
- Significant senior level involvement in large project tender teams including price and quality adjudicated bids
- An understanding of commercial aspects including typical terms and conditions and procurement models
- Experienced in the management, surveillance and audit of assurance regimes
- Experience of managing design process in tender or contract environment
- Experience with working in joint ventures and alliances or other collaborative working
Read more about our Rail work here - https://construction.morgansindall.com/rail
About the Rail business unit
Millions of people rely on Britain’s rail network to take them safely and efficiently across the country every day. Morgan Sindall helps this happen by providing renewed and enhanced rail infrastructure with the minimum of passenger disruption.
Our customers receive a multi-disciplined service covering electrification, power supply, tunnelling and a full range of civil engineering and building capabilities including structures, lineside infrastructure and station enhancements. This is complemented by track and signalling works from our supply chain partners to provide a complete rail offering.
Our expertise is focused not only on effective delivery of projects within a railway environment, but also on minimising disruption for railway users through the adoption of innovative working practices and techniques. These include ‘live launch’ bridge construction, in which we can install bridges while allowing railways beneath to remain operational.
From landmark station refurbishment projects and platform extensions to tunnelling works and bridge launches, we have a track record of delivering rail projects that are helping to provide a rail network fit for the 21st century.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.