Logistics & Possession Manager - Flexible Working Available
*Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.*
Would you like to work for one of the most successful and secure companies within the UK Construction and Infrastructure industry with a vision to be a market leader across all of the sectors in which we operate?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners, ourselves, and our employees.
With talented people as the key to our success we operate a culture whereby personal and professional development are at the forefront of our efforts to attract and retain the best people in the industry.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Rail business for an ambitious and talented Logistics & Possession Manager.
Morgan Sindall Rail are recruiting for a Logistics & Possessions Manager to be based out of Dawlish and Teignmouth. The role of the L&P Manager is to deliver all aspects of logistics and engineering access planning, ensuring the safe, efficient, and cost-effective planning of these functions. The L&P Manager will deliver the co-ordinated planning, resourcing, and implementation of engineering access in accordance with project timescales and industry standards. The L&P Manager will effectively manage resources with consideration for quality, safety, time, cost, people, materials, and plant. The successful applicant will have good local knowledge of the rail and road infrastructure in the South Devon area.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
- Ensure that all resources hold appropriate competencies for the activities to be carried out
- Apply appropriate planning, safety, and performance measures to all engineering possessions
- Maintain accurate and details records of possession arrangements
- Proactively deliver track access and operational interface elements of projects within timescales during both planning and implementation
- Ensure engineering access timescales and critical milestones are met
- Produce and book robust, safe, deliverable & technically compliant possessions, worksites and signalling disconnections on behalf of Morgan Sindall
- Book engineering and test trains as required (via NROL or Network Rail processes)
- Attend Network Rail possession / territory meetings to ensure appropriate deconfliction of works and appropriate access is obtained
- Book / confirm appropriate possession resources
- Resolve possession / Worksite conflicts to deliver the Morgan Sindall plan, whilst minimising commercial risk
- Identify possession / engineering access risks and implement mitigation risks throughout the possession lifecycle
- Produce WON section C, D and Operating Notice material and submit to Network Rail within timescales
- Negotiate with Network Rail, Train and Freight Operating Companies for disruptive / enhances possessions and access to Network Rail and third party owned depots / yards
- Provide professional advice from an operations / engineering access viewpoint
- Produce safe work packs
Qualifications, training and technical knowledge
- Track competences relevant to role (Safe System of Work Planner, SWL2, ES, SWL1, COSS, IWA)
- Previous railway operations experience of which planning / management of engineering work is included
- Thorough knowledge of the rule book, railway operating rules, regulations for train signalling and group standards.
- Sound working knowledge of engineering access planning tools (including PPS, Green Zone Planner, Sectional Appendix, Train Planning, Electrical Isolation booking process, Engineering Access Statement and on-trac/e-pic systems)
- Hold full UK driving licence
Read more about our Rail work here - https://construction.morgansindall.com/rail
About the Rail business unit
Millions of people rely on Britain’s rail network to take them safely and efficiently across the country every day. Morgan Sindall helps this happen by providing renewed and enhanced rail infrastructure with the minimum of passenger disruption.
Our customers receive a multi-disciplined service covering electrification, power supply, tunnelling and a full range of civil engineering and building capabilities including structures, lineside infrastructure and station enhancements. This is complemented by track and signalling works from our supply chain partners to provide a complete rail offering.
Our expertise is focused not only on effective delivery of projects within a railway environment, but also on minimising disruption for railway users through the adoption of innovative working practices and techniques. These include ‘live launch’ bridge construction, in which we can install bridges while allowing railways beneath to remain operational.
From landmark station refurbishment projects and platform extensions to tunnelling works and bridge launches, we have a track record of delivering rail projects that are helping to provide a rail network fit for the 21st century.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.