Principal Commercial Manager
Are you an experienced Quantity Surveyor seeking a new challenge in Bristol? We are recruiting for a Principle Commercial Manager to lead on the Severn Bridges contract within our Transport Infrastructure division.
Here at Amey we have recently been awarded the Specialist Bridge Inspection and Maintenance contract (SBIM) for Avonmouth and Severn Bridges, by Highways England.
The 15-year contract, worth £16 million per annum, will see Amey manage three major structures from November 2020, each with unique characteristics and structural complexities; the M5 Avonmouth Bridge, the M4 Prince of Wales Bridge and the M48 Severn Bridge.
- Driving consistency of good valuation/commercial processes both pre and post Contract for contracts valued £10m p.a.
- Lead commercial to deliver good p/l results across a portfolio of Contracts or bids as applicable up to a value of £10m p.a.
- Develop, in conjunction with Group procurement, good supply chain strategies for winning bids, and delivering contracts
- Deliver the pre and post Contract opportunity and risk process including mitigation of risk
- Negotiate with key customer interfaces delivering robust commercial solutions in all our bids
- Develop good strategies for further improving cash flows in this part of the business
- Communicate with clients and internally to promote the Amey brand and influence an end result
- Retain a good working relationship with bidding teams and customer
- Manage upwards to Account or Business Director and functionally report to Head of Commercial
- Support the bid director in winning strategic bids by use of good commercial strategy and process
- Support post contract activity by delivering solutions to discrete post contract strategic issues
- Support mobilisation of key contracts commercially with robust processes
- Work with key supply chain companies
- Build excellent relationships with Head of Commercial
- Bridge and/or Highways Maintenance Desirable
- Experience of NEC contracts desirable
- Knowledge of SAP Desirable
- CVR experience required
- Commercial Degree or equivalent MRICS or equivalent
- Working towards FRICS
- Excellent Health and Safety awareness
- Strong commercial acumen
- Detailed understanding of the contract conditions used by the division
- Knowledge of the UK governments' agenda for support services f
- Ability to develop and recruit staff
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products especially Excel and Word
- Legal understanding relevant to contracts
- Experience of managing commercial solutions on bids in excess of £100m
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.