Application Principal - Power Apps
Application Principal - Power Apps
Willmott Dixon are recruiting for an Application Principal with extensive knowledge of Power Apps to join our Applications Services Team. The role of the Application Principal is to provide the most senior level of technical leadership and subject matter expertise within the Application Services Team. The Principal will be a Subject Matter Expert across all technical areas within the Application Services Team for software development and shall act as Technical Design Authority to ensure solution compliance to service and technical standards. This role can be done remotely but may require a presence at our head office in Letchworth Garden City from time to time according to business requirements.
Why should you apply to Willmott Dixon? Our talented IT team have worked tirelessly throughout 2020 to provide the business with a best in class IT service that has kept the business running in the face of the challenges that the last year has thrown at us.
They are a great team to work with and would describe themselves as: -
* Genuine and friendly
* Innovative and keen to improve
* Responsive to customer needs
Not only are they a genuinely nice bunch of people, they are also passionate about ensuring that the business has the technical toolset that they need to stay ahead of the competition. This means that the business has invested heavily within IT over the last couple of years and will continue to do so throughout 2021 and beyond!
What does this mean for our Application Services Team? Our customers are really important to us and we strive to provide our customers with the IT applications that they require to do their jobs successfully. We have an in-house application development team that works closely with the business to understand their requirements and recommends / develops solutions to help the business to address their challenges.
Specifically, for this role we require an individual with advanced Power Apps development skills and experience. In addition to strong Power Apps experience, the Application Principal will need to have the management skills to coordinate and lead technical teams to achieve technical goals, deal with key stakeholders and offer advice and consultancy in a variety of situations.
With this in mind, in addition to the required technical skills for the role, we are looking for people that have exceptional customer facing skills with an ability to explain technical matters in business language to key stakeholders within the business.
The Project Within the role you will be required to: -
* Provide high quality software development expertise for Willmott Dixon software solutions.
* Drive technical roadmaps for applications within Application Services landscape while ensuring alignment to business objectives.
* Understand business domain. Proactively seek and recommend solutions to help the business to address challenges and problems.
* Lead on initial idea investigation, requirements elicitations workshops with the business and solutions design, which will deliver desired business outcomes.
* Perform the role of Scrum Master and lead a self-organising team during a project delivery.
* Collaborate with the Digital Business Partners and other Principals in identifying areas for improvement and maintain a good knowledge of emerging best practices in the field of software development.
* Champion the Development standards defined by Application Services function and ensure their adoption across teams.
* Maintain the quality of applications by ensuring teams are performing required testing.
* Provide mentoring, guidance and advice to other team members.
* Build and maintain good collaborative working-relationships with all stakeholders.
* Organise and manage own workload effectively to meet all timescales and business expectations.
* Provide a designated level of application support to end users and other IT personnel.
* Takes ownership of specific customer escalations and sees them through to closure.
* Represents Application Services in WD-wide technical discussion and helps identify solutions to customer issues.
* Actively participate in wider technical forums outside of Willmott Dixon.
* Lead the continuous improvement activities within the Development arena:
* Lead by example and motivate others to challenge status quo, continuously learn and seek to improve further.
* Find new solutions while ensuring that future options aren't restricted by current choices.
* Explore and recommend new technology, tooling and process to improve efficiency and quality.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
Ideally you will have the following skills / experience: -
* Design and development of web applications utilising Asp.net, Dot Net core, Azure services and C#.
* Power Apps
* Design of relational database schema.
* Use of MS SQL database technologies.
* Using Azure DevOps in a collaborative project delivery environment utilising methodologies such as Agile (scrum).
* Office 365 and Dynamic 365 development.
* Unit Testing, Test Driven Development, Acceptance Test Driven Development.
* The Open Web Application Security Project
* Working within a matrix management structure.
* Effectively planning and delivering projects.
* Interpreting and converting Business requirements into Technical Designs, user stories and acceptance criteria.
* Possessing a good range of general IT knowledge.
* Direct experience of the software development lifecycle.
* Strong communication skills and ability to explain technical matters in business language.
* Solid problem solving skills with ability to see a big picture.
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Managing conflicting priorities between stakeholders
* Proactively liaising with staff in non-technical manner.
* Building strong internal and external relationships.
* Acting as a mentor to more junior team members
You will ideally have the following qualifications: -
* Microsoft certification in the required skill-sets.
* Educated to degree level.
* ITIL Foundation
Additional Information Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace and will consider flexible and agile working. We are a disability confident employer. Benefits: In return we reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, full / heavily discounted private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
About Us With nearly 170 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon's purpose beyond profit is to deliver brilliant buildings, transform lives, strengthen communities, and enhance the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and trusted privately owned business where our people can thrive. Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths. We hold two Queen's Awards for Enterprise (for Sustainable Development and Social Mobility) and hold numerous people awards, we understand everyone has a unique potential and ability to make a difference and succeed; if you want your skills developed and talent recognised, why not join our business!