Head of Funding Solutions - Home Working Available
We are seeking a Head of Funding Solutions to join our growing Development Solutions team, which focuses on unlocking development projects for our customers.
Our remit is simple - to provide a development consultancy service for our public sector customers which will enable schemes to be unlocked, built and structured in a manner which sees Willmott Dixon position as the delivery partner (but taking no ongoing development risk).
The successful candidate will support our Regional Heads of Land and Development in identifying and securing opportunities for the business.
The role is broad in remit and will see project opportunities in a variety of different market sectors including residential, commercial, retail, healthcare and leisure. The role is flexible regards location as we would see the individual working both from home and across our regional offices to support our customers' needs.
Willmott Dixon is driven by our customers' aims and aspirations, delivering outstanding work, providing a great service and excellent value for money. To this day we remain family-owned and take pride in our core values. We are passionate about people and have a real focus and drive around continuous development; this has been proven by our 5th placed ranking in the 'Times Top 100' best companies to work, Times Top 50 employers for women 2020 as well as our platinum award for 'Investing In People'. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future, a trusted brand and offer a career of a lifetime!
The key responsibilities of the Head of Funding Solutions role will include:
- Developing and running financial appraisals and models (from scratch) for developments across a variety of sectors (including residential, commercial, retail, healthcare and leisure)
- Undertaking opportunity due diligence and producing market research (for example sales / rental values, investment yields, economic data…)
- Identifying and submitting grant funding bids on behalf of our customers
- Working to structure funding opportunities with customers (e.g. forward fund / strip income / sale and leaseback models)
- Developing and running funding competitions
- Managing ongoing commercial reporting on development management projects
- Preparing deal / investment packs for issuing to development partners (such as housing associations and build to rent investors)
- Developing and managing an internal cost database
- Supporting bids and presentations / customer interviews as required
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Detailed knowledge of different funding structures
- Contacts and links with investment funds
- Ability to run financial appraisals across a variety of market sectors
- Knowledge of grant funding pots available
- Strong systems experience that includes Microsoft Excel
- An understanding of public sector borrowing rates and methods would be advantageous
- Confident and articulate presenter of information and data
- Experience in public sector bidding competitions
- Knowledge of procurement rules in respect of funding criteria
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support flexible, part-time and agile working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.