Are you seeking a Quantity Surveyor role in East Midlands? Here at Amey we have an opportunity within the Utilities division for a Quantity Surveyor to join a Commercial team of 7 responsible for project administration and all commercial aspects of the project, from design through to the end of the Defects Period.
Ideally you will bring civil engineering experience on clean and wastewater infrastructure related projects, alongside NEC contracts. You will have responsibility for the timely production of accurate expenditure forecasts, monthly project costs and value reports, including subcontractor account management and forecast outturn cost (latest best estimates).
Based around the West Midlands the role will involve a hybrid of office and home working, post covid restrictions.
- The management of several projects inc. reporting and the provision of information for KPI reporting inc. the timely production of accurate expenditure forecasts, monthly project cost and value reports, change and risk registers, together with forecast outturn position (latest best estimates).
- Proven track record in being able to manage subcontractor set up and accounts and to develop strong working relationships
- Experienced in budget and cost loading of project programmes and earned value management.
- The ability to communicate to the wider project team to highlight issues / risks that may impact project timescales.
- Attendance and reporting at monthly project meetings
- Provision of cost data in accordance with the Clients reporting requirements at key project stages
- Working with senior management to find ways to improve project execution
- Experience of civil engineering sector on clean and wastewater infrastructure related projects
- Experienced in the commercial management and administration of projects
- Experience in basic civil engineering estimating / quotation development from first principles
- Experience in earned value analysis/reporting
- Experience in risk identification and its management
- A good level of IT literacy (MS Office suite of projects)
- A clean driving License (no more than 3 points)
- Extensive Knowledge of NEC Forms of Contract
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.