The Amey Utility business provides key services across the water and power industries in the north west. We are seeking a Procurement Specialist to join the team at this crucial time.
Working within the Procurement team, you will assist the Amey Utilities business with their procurement requirements and provide support to the business in accessing and using the nominated suppliers and broader preferred supply chain list, as well as sourcing new suppliers to deliver the business needs.
You will undertake a hybrid working model post covid restrictions, with some time at home and some time at the Chorley office. This is a permanent, full time role.
- Day to day management of select Procurement categories and supply chain
- Performance management of suppliers including leading quarterly business reviews, helping to build supplier capacity where appropriate and collaborative working to achieve better business decisions and value within Amey
- Management of designated category responsibilities; building relationships and expertise to ensure all goods, materials and services are supplied at market leading competitive pricing
- Establishment of category strategies to include purchases, market intelligence and sourcing plans to meet the needs of the business
- Use of management information to improve supply and processes
- Supplier / Internal stakeholder management
- Spend trend analysis / compliance with strategies to resolve leakage
- Develop and execute specific product / service Master Agreements as part of supplier / category management responsibilities
- Tactical sourcing and provision of guidance to the business units
- Achieve and report Procurement cost savings
- Input into Strategic Procurement planning activity
- Monitor key service level agreements and key performance indicators
- A member of, or working towards corporate membership of CIPS
- Ability to interpret data and analyse using Excel at an intermediate level
- General appreciation and exposure to Indirect Procurement categories
- Knowledge of Procurement and Supply Chain management principles
- Commercial experience around price negotiation, request for quotation and tender activity
- Have the vision to explore and develop leading edge procurement solutions
- Experience of negotiating IT software licence agreements (highly desirable)
- Procurement expertise within a large complex organisation
- A track record in conducting firm, fair and ethical negotiations with suppliers
- Knowledge of Indirect Procurement categories and services, including IT
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
What makes this role unique?
You will manage contractual agreements up to £30m per annum across all Amey business divisions.