Fleet & Plant Administrator
Within the Utilities division of Amey we have an opportunity for a Fleet & Plant Administrator to join the Procurement Team in Chorley. In this role you will work closely with the Fleet & Plant Manager who is responsible for over 500 vehicles and over 2400 items of plant. Your role will involve effective and efficient administration and you will have excellent Excel skills along with strong customer service telephone skills.
You will work proactively with the customer and supply chain to improve customer experience and take responsibility and ownership for progressing tasks to ensure a prompt and satisfactory resolution. You will have good communication skills with a good telephone manner and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
This is a permanent, full time role, based in Chorley.
- Working as part of a team to ensure high service levels are maintained.
- Provide support to customers by applying understanding of required activities with supervision as required.
- Provide operational or administrative support to the Amey business, key to delivering a great service to our customers.
- Actively participate in the development of innovative solutions
- Work with all Fleet & Plant colleagues to enhance the services provided.
- Assist reporting against all appropriate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) , Service Level Agreements (SLA's) and Master Hire.
- Provide regular management information reports as and when required.
- Input to the improvement of customer satisfaction, and quality of service, through the delivery of the Fleet & Plant customer satisfaction improvement plan.
- Dealing with claims and damages which may occur during the management of the fleet and plant.
- Raising Purchase Orders and resolving Invoice queries ensuring the suppliers are paid on time.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office - Excel and Word
- Office administration experience
- Communication style needs to be clear, will generally be non-technical and should reflect the Amey values.
- Able to demonstrate time management skills
- Able to prioritise and allocate work in the best interests of the department
- Able to operate within the Amey policies
- Ability to produce reports and analyse where applicable
- Able to demonstrate a thorough approach to completing workload
- Participation in continuous improvement activities
- Experience of working in a 'Fleet Management' environment is preferable but not essential.
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.