Studio Bookings Coordinator
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
The Studio Resources & Planning (SR&P) Team are at the heart of all production planning within Sky Production Studios, overseeing the scheduling of Sky's studio facilities and crew, encompassing the following crafts: Technical Supervisors, Cameras, Lighting, Scenehands, Make-up, Vision Mixers, Sound, Studio Graphics, Autocue, Floor Managers and Multi-skilled Operators.
The Studio Bookings Coordinator plays a key role within the SR&P Team, building efficient rosters which optimise shift times and support work-life balance initiatives for our crews.
What you'll do:
- Forward plan with craft and studios teams to produce efficient rosters that meet set targets
- Build rosters that support work-life balance, training and development initiatives for our crew
- Schedule shifts and action production changes at short notice to meet deadlines, in the most cost-effective manner
- Oversee short-notice absence and leave requests; maintain financial and overtime records in online systems in a prompt and accurate manner
- Book freelance employees as required and process invoices
- Assist other colleagues and craft leaders to cover peak activities or team absences as required
What you'll bring:
- Empathetic approach to working with crew, and effective communication skills
- Ability to work at speed with accuracy and to prioritise under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to problem solve effectively, and consult with others to find solutions
- Professionalism and a willingness to go the extra mile for the client or department
Team Overview:Sky Production ServicesSky Production Services is the home of content creation and innovation for Sky and beyond. We provide outstanding facilities and talent for storytellers, including Studios, Post Production and other content production resources. We want to give our customers the best viewing experience, from the picture they see, the sound they hear to the entertainment, sports or news programme they choose to watch.
The Rewards:There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:Osterley:Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Inclusion:Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Why wait?Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.