Assistant Site Manager - Home Working Available
Assistant Site Manager
Location: Welwyn Garden City
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Construction business for an ambitious and talented Assistant Site Manager.
The successful candidate will be joining an existing team of passionate and dedicated professionals.
As an Assistant Site Manager, you will ensure that the construction of the development proceeds efficiently, in accordance with the programme and within the budgeted costs.
We are looking for people who share our passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment.
We are currently working on large and exciting projects such as the following: https://www.morgansindall.com/news/morgan-sindall-group-agrees-%C2%A32bn-property-delivery-joint-venture
- Assist with the planning and development of policies and procedures, improvement plans and measures for creating a safe working environment in pursuit of achieving our 100% Safe goal and Perfect Delivery
- Ensure compliance with the Customer’s and Morgan Sindall’s requirements and safety, health, environmental and quality (SHEQ) policies
- Control and coordinate subcontractors ensuring full compliance and adherence to procedures and method statements
- Deputise for the site manager in occasions of absence
- Ensure effective control of subcontractors, maintaining all necessary quality control checks to ensure the required standard by complying with the relevant specification and working practices
- Undertake regular site inspections ensuring customer quality standards are achieved
- Maintain, complete and report on site quality, inspection and test, waste management and environmental plans
- Implement all measures necessary to ensure site safety
- Contribute to the monitoring of progress at site and prepare and daily weekly progress reports to the site manager
- Assist with the performance and assessment of subcontractors
- Manage and administer various subcontracts including:
- Regular site progress meetings and prepare instructions to subcontractors and suppliers and evaluate subcontractors' claims for payment
- Coordinate deliveries to the site, ensuring that material supplies are available
- Ensure that technical enquiries are processed accordingly
- Ensure that any outstanding works are completed
- Minimum HNC/HND in Construction (or equivalent)
- CSCS First Aid
- Some supervision skills
- Ability to manage a given list of tasks
- Ability to work well either alone or as part of a team
- Some knowledge of construction practices and standards within their subject
Morgan Sindall Construction London and Home Counties
With a passion to serve customers we have developed a professional, understated approach, where our people in London and Home Counties are encouraged and rewarded to work as a team to achieve Perfect Delivery.
The success of this strategy to: find – win – deliver – repeat has yielded a healthy forward order book, giving us the stability to fully focus on strengthening our long-term work winning capability in our primary sectors of: education, public sector frameworks, civic buildings, investment linked opportunities and healthcare.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.