Senior Quality Engineer
Lloyds Banking Group are transforming the way we do Engineering. We've created "LBG Labs" and we're building multi-functional, co-located teams giving them freedom to bring technology to the forefront of our business. This will help us create new, and improve existing, products and services to help us really make a difference to our customers.
Want to know more?
A Lab is a co-located team who work together on key projects to deliver value at pace by designing services that people find useful, easy and engaging to use. Typically, a Lab has a strong focus on complex problem solving in an agile environment where engineers are free to experiment and create innovative products which will transform the way our customers engage with us.
The Card Servicing lab is a flexible and multi skilled team based in Edinburgh city centre. Our purpose is to provide market leading customer experience through the servicing of Debit and Credit cards via multiple channels, including digital. We are responsible for servicing over 38 million active debit and credit cards across all LBG brands, and work alongside global industry leaders including Visa and MasterCard using data, technology and systems thinking to drive great outcomes and experiences for our customers.
About the role:
Joining us as a Senior Quality Engineer, you'll play a key role in driving quality software solutions into production.
You'll be continually challenged, motivated, mentored and supported and help define "Done" from a Quality perspective and deliver Test solutions in line with the Test Strategy and our QA Engineering principles.
Here's where you'll make a difference:
- Creating test artefacts in line with an agreed Test Strategy, writing automated acceptance tests against user stories and maintaining test traceability.
- Refining user story acceptance criteria using Behaviour Driven Development methods (BDD) and identifying testing needs.
- A focus on reducing risk and building confidence in the team and its stakeholders on the quality definition of the product.
- Ensure that Testing is conducted in a way which is consistent with - and exploits the collective frameworks, patterns and best practices that exist across the wider test community.
- Open to new "thought process" and change mind set, bring in new ways of working/ innovative and creative ways of embedding and delivering "Quality".
- Being a strong part of the Engineering Guild helping to build the community and building the capabilities of others.
What we need from you:
- Strong knowledge of the entire software development lifecycle and experience in Feature Team delivery of software products
- Quality Assurance and Quality Engineering background with a deep knowledge of Test Lifecycle, Test Models, Best Practices, Test Benchmarking and Test Tools.
- Experienced in defining Quality Engineering and Assurance deliverables producing quality Test artefacts
- Technical background and proficient in programming languages such as Java, CA Lisa and VB scripting
- Solid experience of automating functional and regression testing using a variety of tools such as Selenium, UFT along with Git and Jenkins and ability to stretch into DevOps, Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Experience with agile development methods & tooling e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Jira & Confluence
- Experience of leading and embedding Quality Transformation initiatives across multiple areas
- Experience of working as part of an agile team
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to articulate technical information, up to and including senior stakeholders
Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-led culture that celebrates diversity, equal opportunity and provides opportunities for flexible working.
Together we'll make it possible...
So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes
- Discretionary bonus
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 16%
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday (plus Public)
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...