Environmental Advisor - Flexible Working Available
Location: West Cumbria
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Would you like to be part of working on a hugely important and complex project that will support Sellafield’s 100 year decommissioning mission?
About the Project:
Morgan Sindall Infrastructure has been awarded the civils and construction management contract on the 20 year Programme and Project Partnership framework with Sellafield Ltd.
At the core of the partnership is collaborative working, with the framework being delivered in conjunction with four other organisations.
The overriding aim of the Programme and Project Partnership is to bring together individuals with the right values and behaviours to deliver world class projects on the Sellafield site.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Nuclear business for an ambitious and talented Environmental Advisor to provide subject matter expertise based on knowledge and experience to give direction, ensuring the continuous improvement of environmental performance in line with relevant standards, client expectations and the Integrated Management System (IMS).
As an Environmental Advisor, you will:
- Deliver environmental advice and guidance at all levels to minimise risk to the company
- Assist with the development and implementation of the environmental elements of the integrated management system (IMS) including the production of documents to maintain our ISO14001 certification
- Support the development of the environment and sustainability strategy and management action plans for improvement within the business unit in line with corporate requirements
- Lead and undertake inspections, audits and investigations where required, reporting on, and implementing lessons learned and improvements
- Assist the Head of Sustainability and Environment in developing environmental elements of the company management system (CMS) including the production of documents to maintain ISO14001 certification
- Support the team of advisors, and monitor and review performance in line with company processes to deliver current and future requirements
- Work in collaboration to contribute to business unit pre-contract and work-winning activities
- Review compliance with management systems and environmental management plans and legislation via internal audits and by supporting external audits
- Identify and promote best practice across the business unit and share lessons learnt
- Maintain current working knowledge of relevant legislation and industry practice and provide input to the corporate strategy and local and business unit action plans to ensure compliance
- Liaise with customer personnel on matters of environment and promote best practice solutions
- Consistently deliver exceptional levels of service to customers
- Lead the use of company performance measurement tools and ensure that relevant and required information is captured at project and business unit level
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject matter
- Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv) / MIEMA working towards chartered status
- Recognised internal auditing qualifications
- Thorough understanding of corporate strategy, values and objectives
- Thorough knowledge of ISO14001 Environmental Management System and its implementation
About our Nuclear team:
- Our nuclear capabilities include services from operational reactor support, new build and decommissioning, to nuclear defence facilities and more sensitive projects within highly regulated and secure sites. With an ever expanding nuclear portfolio, we are proud to support our customers in installing and maintaining existing assets.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please note that any CV’s submitted will be deemed as gifted to Morgan Sindall and any agency terms & conditions associated with the use of such CVs will be null and void.