Product Owner - Business Overdrafts - 1 Year FTC - Flexible Working Available
Are you an analytical thinker and a strong influencer? Can you create fans by developing excellent product solutions? Will you help us launch a game-changing business overdraft proposition? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Product Owner – Business Overdrafts, you will be responsible for developing and launching a new business overdraft proposition. You will develop and manage the product backlog for specific product journeys. As part of your role, you will help build Metro Bank’s business and commercial service capability, proactively driving change and implementing industry best practice.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working and you will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
So what would you be doing?...
• Setting the strategic direction for a specific initiative – owning the roadmap, the vision, and being advocate-in-chief
• Defining, prioritising and sequencing backlog of user stories, and working with cross-functional feature teams to bring new propositions and features to life
• Managing commercial relationships with a range of potential suppliers and partners
• Understanding product pricing and construct within the context of lending products and risk-based pricing
• Keeping your ‘finger on the pulse’ of trends and opportunities, via customer research and market analysis
• Understanding your customers needs – understand the varied wants and needs of Britain’s small business owners
• Keeping up to date with the competitor landscape of the SME market and lending market
• Developing and owning business cases, as well as tracking and optimising benefits and KPIs
• Working with communications teams to develop how best to articulate new releases to customers, colleagues and media
• Orchestrating the support of teams around the business to create sustainable end-to-end success of your work
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Naturally, you will have experience in a Product Owner role (or acted as proxy Product Owner for a specific set of deliverables)
• You need to have experience delivering a new product / product feature, including managing project teams, key stakeholders, and budgets
• You will have worked with business and commercial products and services
• We need you to be numerate and analytical capable and able to untangle complexity and present a clear vision for others to follow
• In order to be amazing in this role, you need to have experience working with third party analytical tools