Financial Crime MI Analyst - Flexible Working Available
Do you have an analytical mind set? Can you dissect large amounts of data and make it meaningful? Are you passionate about all things financial crime? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Financial Crime MI Analyst, you will be responsible for working with the MI Lead Manager to define and assist in the implementation of the financial crime MI framework, and ongoing provision of MI to the relevant governance forums. The scope of the team covers anti-money laundering, counter-terrorist financing, sanctions, anti-bribery & corruption and anti-tax evasion.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working and you will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
So what would you be doing?...
• Assisting the team to help the functions in defining their key requirements in terms of metrics/KPIs and controls across a range of stakeholders
• Producing visual dashboards to be used in forums and committees
• Identifying data sources and work with the team to determine the process for sourcing and transforming the data
• Producing periodic reports for the relevant governance forums and perform analysis on the MI
• Carrying out regular reviews of the metrics to make sure they are fit for purpose
• Collaborating with other teams to input into the annual review of the risk appetite statement
• Working with the Bank’s annual enterprise-wide risk assessment through the provision of data and MI
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• To exceed in this role, you will require previous experience of analytical software i.e. Tableau, SharePoint or Power BI
• Ideally, you will know how to analyse datasets across all Financial Crime portfolios
• You must have an analytical approach to working and a solid understanding of MI
• It would be amazing if you had an understanding of financial crime risk indicators and how MI is used in financial crime