Modelling Analyst - Flexible Working Available
Have you got an analytical mind set with exceptional attention to detail? Do you enjoy the creative side of programming and risk analytics? Would you like to join one of the fastest growing banks in UK? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Modelling Analyst, you will assist with the credit risk model development and will be part of our amazing Modelling team. The team is responsible for the development of our credit risk models for capital calculations, international financial reporting standards and risk based pricing models across the Bank.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working and you will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
So what would you be doing?...
• Supporting the Modelling team in developing new models for credit risk quantification
• Participating in the creation and maintenance of risk assessment frameworks
• Keeping up to date with the latest modelling techniques and regulatory guidelines
• Supporting the model monitoring process and model reviews
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Naturally, you will have previous experience working as an Analyst, ideally using SAS or similar statistical software
• You will have the ability to analyse data to assess risk and develop models
• We need you to have a strong statistical background and modelling techniques, including possibly machine learning, to analyse data
• Have understanding of financial products and credit risk management
• In order to be fantastic in this role, you will already have basic knowledge of credit risk regulatory frameworks, especially: Basel Accord (for IRB modelling) and IFRS9 standards (for impairment)