Finance Business Partner
If you’re looking for a Finance job that’s more than just numbers, WHSmith adds up. Our Financial Accounting teams are the engine room of the business. They manage business risk, handle invoices and pay suppliers, produce the balance sheet and ultimately manage cash flow. In short, this department is absolutely pivotal to our business.
We’ve really set the benchmark high with our people and our brilliant Finance Team are no exception! We want to hear from experienced Finance Business Partners with CIMA, ACA, ACCA (or equivalent) qualifications ideally from a retail, e-commerce, FMCG, Hospitality or Leisure Industries industry. Supporting our Online businesses, you’ll focus on delivering accurate financial reporting and business partner with the Online teams to maximise profitability and revenue.
What are we looking for?
You will be an excel expert and offer unrivalled numerical and analytical skills as well as commercial acumen. As a proficient and experienced finance person who isn't afraid of a challenge, you’ll enjoy our changing environment as our Online business continues to grow at an impressive pace!
• Prepare monthly management accounts.
• Complete performance reporting for board packs
• Supporting our management group with insightful business analysis.
• Ensure accuracy of accounts with commentary and investigation where relevant.
• Maintain and update balance sheet reconciliations.
• Support our leaders and management group with producing budgets and forecasts.
• Support the annual audit process and liaise with external auditors.
• Continuously look at ways to improve working across the function.
• Drive commercial and financial awareness across the WHSmith Online business
• Identify risks and opportunities.
• Support commercial decision making and provide challenge to the online teams
Who we’re looking for
You will offer experience as a Finance Business Partner, ideally within the retail, e-commerce, FMCG, Hospitality or Leisure industry able to engage and articulate financial information clearly.
• Qualified accountant either CIMA, ACA, ACCA (or equivalent) qualification
• Strong commercial acumen.
• Exceptional data analysis skills to interpret and present complex data to help influence business decisions.
• The ability to interact with key stakeholders and teams across the business including Board members with credibility and persuasion.
• Prepare monthly P&L and balance sheet
• Prepare budgets and forecasts
• Comfortable engaging and partnering with senior stakeholders across our Online time, from the E-Commerce director to trading and marketing, able to present you information clearly (especially under pressure) and provide challenge
• Offer advanced excel skills and financial modelling techniques