Quality Assurance Tester - Flexible Working Available
This is an opportunity to join the QA team of a creative, leading web trading software company.
Caplin is the market leader in web trading technology and single-dealer platforms. Its award-winning software enables its customers to build high-performance web trading apps and to deliver real-time information, including live prices, securely and reliably to those apps.
We have an immediate vacancy for a Quality Assurance Tester.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a person wanting to bring their skills to an organisation at the leading edge of web-based trading technology and with blue-chip global financial clients.
As a QA Tester, you will possess the following skills:
- You will be working with an agile team of cross-disciplined developers and testers
- Raise, track and take ownership of issues
- Manage the release preparation process. e.g. Manage ‘bug bashes’
- Perform manual and exploratory testing to effectively identify issues and gaps in automated regression test cases
- Working hand in hand with business representatives and consumers, you will validate proposed features, perform requirement analysis, identify edge cases and define acceptance criteria
- Advocate for quality in all aspects of the SDLC as per the Quality Strategy
- Ensure Quality Agile best practices are followed e.g. stories meet the Definition Of Ready, Definition Of Ready for Test, and the Definition for Done
- Build your finance domain knowledge so that you can test meaningfully
- Ensure Continuous Improvement through metrics
- Good knowledge of apps and environments (front and back end) including set-up and deploy, having an understanding of multiple operating systems (e.g. Unix and Windows).
- Understand Continuous Integration e.g. Jenkins
- Ability to checkout code from repository e.g. Git / Stash
- Can use build tools e.g. Maven, gradle, yarn to start apps
- Expertise using tools of the testing trade (Web Dev Tools, Postman, Wiremock, DamJS, Profilers etc)
- Effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Possess the ability to deal effectively with uncertainty and alternative points of view
- Thirst for learning new technology and self-improvement
- Great analytical, debugging and reasoning skills
- Knack for finding bugs
- Evangelise and articulate good testing practices for Agile projects including:
- Requirements elicitation
- Defining acceptance criteria with the team and stakeholders
- Writing clean, re-usable and readable test code
- Release preparation
- Ability to learn a complex financial domain
The above items are the primary responsibilities of the role. You are entitled and strongly encouraged to push the boundaries and make it your own.
Profile of Candidate:
- You are self-motivated, enthusiastic, a team player and keen to learn.
- You want to work in a company where taking on additional responsibilities and stepping-up is rewarded, a place where you can make a name for yourself.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a genuine passion for technology.
- Excellent testing instincts – You care about the smaller details, you have excellent debugging skills and have a natural curiosity for wanting to understand how things work.
- A well-rounded tester wanting to build upon previous experiences and evangelises the principles behind the concept of the ‘testing pyramid’.
- At least 2 to 3 years of experience of working as a Tester.
- Ideally a degree from strong university, but we would welcome applications from candidates who fit the desired capabilities
1st Floor, 107 Leadenhall Street, EC3A 4AF, London
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range appropriate to qualifications and experience
- Flexible working environment and Working From Home days
- 6% additional salary pension allowance; life cover; income protection; private medical insurance with Vitality (as core benefit); salary sacrifice scheme for additional holiday purchase and additional pension contributions
- Training and development opportunities
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity policies
- Regular staff social events
- 24 days holiday per year rising annually to 28
About Caplin Systems Ltd
Caplin’s award winning software provides real-time web connectivity products that allow market data and trading services to be delivered over the Internet with the security, reliability and timeliness of a private network.