Senior Project Engineer - EC&I - Flexible Working
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Would you like to be part of working on a hugely important and complex project that will support Sellafield’s 100 year decommissioning mission?
About the Project:
Morgan Sindall Infrastructure has been awarded the civils and construction management contract on the 20 year Programme and Project Partnership framework with Sellafield Ltd.
At the core of the partnership is collaborative working, with the framework being delivered in conjunction with four other organisations.
The overriding aim of the Programme and Project Partnership is to bring together individuals with the right values and behaviours to deliver world class projects on the Sellafield site.
- Ensure that our commitments to our clients are delivered on time to requisite levels of detail and quality
- Managing the installation and commissioning process through the main works contractors.
- Ensure that all safe systems of work requirements are planned for and addressed
- Ensure that all SQEP requirements are maintained
- Expedite subcontractor designs, off-site works, testing and delivery to ensure compliance of quality, budget and programme milestones defined in the subcontract
- Ensure all staff and subcontractors promote a safety and environmental conscious culture
- Assist in reviewing and implementing safe systems of work for mechanical and electrical site activities, including risk assessments and method statements and impact / contingency plans
- Responsible for the implementation, monitoring and reporting of the electrical installation programme and activities
- Responsible as electrical coordinator for the control and implementation of safety on site
- Participate in and contribute to Hazop and Hazcom processes
- Manage and produce commissioning and O&M documentation
- Coordinate, control and undertake mechanical and electrical testing and commissioning activities, supervising testing and commissioning Works Contractors
- Coordinate, control and undertake mechanical and electrical routine maintenance and process operation, supervising maintenance Works Contractors where engaged
- Manage defects and corrective actions
- Provide information and advice for asset management of mechanical and electrical
- Proactively develop and manage customer relationships to ensure full satisfaction
- Provide consultative advice in determining installation commissioning and performance requirements, commissioning strategies, programmes, scopes of work and the like.
- Provide expertise to help guide the works contractors through the installation and commissioning process in a nuclear environment.
Already experienced as a Senior Project Engineer – Engineering discipline preferred, BTEC HNC in engineering (or equivalent) depending on experience. Demonstrable experience in design development, procurement, installation, testing and commissioning, and documentation of the electrical element of projects with a large process component, including input into the programme and commercial aspects.
About our Nuclear team:
Our nuclear capabilities include services from operational reactor support, new build and decommissioning, to nuclear defence facilities and more sensitive projects within highly regulated and secure sites. With an ever expanding nuclear portfolio, we are proud to support our customers in installing and maintaining existing assets.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please note that any CV’s submitted will be deemed as gifted to Morgan Sindall and any agency terms & conditions associated with the use of such CVs will be null and void.