Project Engineer - CE&I - Flexible Working
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Would you like to be part of working on a hugely important and complex project that will support Sellafield’s 100 year decommissioning mission?
About the Project:
Morgan Sindall Infrastructure has been awarded the civils and construction management contract on the 20 year Programme and Project Partnership framework with Sellafield Ltd.
At the core of the partnership is collaborative working, with the framework being delivered in conjunction with four other organisations.
The overriding aim of the Programme and Project Partnership is to bring together individuals with the right values and behaviours to deliver world class projects on the Sellafield site.
As a Project Engineer – EC&I Construction you will:
- Provide technical construction expertise and input into project gated process activities, constructability programme, HAZCON, risk management exercises and ensuring the outputs are embedded in the construction work scope and strategies.
- Keep up to date with the latest construction techniques and technologies and advise best practice and opportunity for use on the project.
- Participate in the procurement of suppliers and contractors for electrical, control and instrumentation scopes of work.
- Participate in the review of design, planning and delivery documentation from suppliers and contractors for electrical, control and instrumentation scopes of work.
- Participate in the inspection and testing of works through off-site manufacture and readiness for electrical, control and instrumentation site installation.
- Support the Construction Manager in the assessment, authorisation and maintenance of SQEP key personnel for both project team and subcontractors’ staff.
- Coordinate the mobilisation of electrical, control and instrumentation site installation contractors.
- Manage the supply chain to deliver fit for purpose construction work scope to an agreed strategy and plan so as to meet or better the project baseline cost and schedule requirements without compromising safety or quality.
- Report progress to the Construction Manager and maintaining appropriate records for safety, contractual or quality purposes.
- Provide effective communication and coordination, liaise on interface working and ensure that site work overall is planned and co-ordinated to achieve construction programme requirements.
- Provide front line technical support to construction activities.
- Ensure that our commitments to our clients are delivered on time to requisite levels of detail and quality.
- Proactively develop and manage customer relationships to ensure full satisfaction.
As a Project Engineer – EC&I Construction you will have a Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred, BTEC HNC in electrical engineering (or equivalent), and previous experience in all stages of construction project delivery through design, procurement, works testing, installation and site testing.
The role of the Construction Engineer is to assist the Construction Manager with the management of construction activities. The Construction Engineer provides technical support to the works being undertaken and supports the Construction Manager in ensuring that the construction activities are executed to meet the goals and objectives of the project. They also ensure that during construction activities the required regulatory and statutory requirements are complied with to ensure that design intent is met.
About our Nuclear team:
Our nuclear capabilities include services from operational reactor support, new build and decommissioning, to nuclear defence facilities and more sensitive projects within highly regulated and secure sites. With an ever-expanding nuclear portfolio, we are proud to support our customers in installing and maintaining existing assets.
You will provide expertise to help guide the works contractors through the installation and commissioning process in a nuclear environment.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please note that any CV’s submitted will be deemed as gifted to Morgan Sindall and any agency terms & conditions associated with the use of such CVs will be null and void.