Part-Time Accounts/Office Assistant
My client is recruiting for the combined role of Accounts & Office Assistant, reporting to the Company Accountant. This is a great opportunity to join an ambitious and dynamic organisation in a desirable working environment. Our client would welcome applications from anyone, including those who are parents / carers wishing to return to work part-time.
Accounts function: key responsibilities
- Maintaining all aspects of the sales ledger
- Communicating with customers relating to queries etc
- All aspects of credit control
- Digitally upload registration sales into accounting system
- Scheduling invoices for sponsors
- Processing the company credit cards transactions
- Assisting with all aspects of the purchase ledger
- Setting-up bank payments for authorisation
- Assisting with bank transactions within the accounting system
- Archiving files in accordance with retention periods
- General support to the finance function as required
Office function: key responsibilities
- Answering incoming calls to the main office number and dealing with general enquires
- Negotiating contracts relating to office equipment, e.g. photocopier
- Purchasing stationery and other ad hoc items
- Facilities management, ie
- Identifying and reporting problems to landlord and following-up to resolve
- Managing cleaning staff
- Ensuring that the appearance of the office is tidy at all times
- General administrative support as required
Essential Skills & Experience
- Good all-round administrative experience
- Experience of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Excellent level of numeracy and attention to detail
- Good understanding of general accounting IT systems
- Previous experience in an accountancy position
- Must be a team player, self-motivated, confident, able to work on own initiative and take ownership of the role, be willing to undertake tasks that are, at times, mediocre but necessary.
Our client offers a great working environment, private medical insurance, pension scheme, life insurance, flexible working, 25 days annual leave per annum (full time equivalent), in addition to bank holidays.
Permanent, part-time. Initially 12 hours per week to be worked over 4 days with some flexibility with regard to actual hours. School hours can be accommodated but the candidate will be required to work during school holidays.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.