Business Risk and Controls Officer - Home Working Available
3 days left
- Contract Type
You’ll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you’ll find growth and career opportunities across all of our businesses. We’re intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients’ specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognize that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter. Where you’ll fit in & what our team goals are….
In this role you will support the Director for Business Risk & Controls in helping business and functional heads within Global Operations & Investor Services (GOIS) discharge their first-line risk management obligations in line with policy and regulation.
How you'll spend your time....
- Review trends in Risk Events in business unit/function, to feed into Business Risk & Controls Director proposal of ‘Tone from the Top’ messaging from business head on Risk & Control
- Operating Soundness
- Reviews inventories/maps/KRIs that are impacted by Risk Events, Change Programmes or other events which may cause them to be updated and reissued – propose updates to inventory/map/KRI owners
- Supports senior RLO in writing/reviewing select policies and procedures.
- Runs tracker or project mgmt for controls remediation projects, as requested by the Business Risk & Controls Director
- Coordinates BCP and operational resilience exercises, as requested by the Business Risk & Controls Director
- Operational Risk Management
- Supports the Business Risk & Controls Director in coordinating and performing risk assessment activities and RCC deep dives, prepares recommendations for presentation to BU/functional head
- Ensures timely and accurate REV recording and proposes escalation
- Oversees REV action remediation
- Reviews risk trends and recommends actions
- Conducts risk-based testing at the direction of the Business Risk & Controls Director
- Supports the Business Risk & Controls Director in coordinating responses to findings from RLO testing, RCS assurance or SOX testing
- Governance ie. BU control meeting / RCC
- Supports preparation of agenda/papers for Business/Function control meeting
- Support preparation of updates for Risk Controls Committee where required for escalation purposes
- Risk expertise
- Reviews internal and industry best practices, Risk/Compliance guidance, champions 2nd line Risk initiatives, makes recommendations to RLO
- To be successful in this role you will have....
- Risk/Control expertise: knowledge of current techniques in operational risk management, controls and operational soundness
- Analysis: ability to assess data points (eg. inherent risk, crystallised risk, emerging risks, control effectiveness) to propose an actionable plan to bring data points into tolerance
- Testing: ability to test control design, effectiveness and evidencing
- Oversight: support Business Risk & Controls Director in oversight of unit/function deliverables with respect to the control environment
- Governance: ability to create targeted and high-quality papers for governance forums, working at the direction of the Business Risk & Controls Director
- If you also had this, it would be great….
- Sound background in an audit function, operational risk, controls, or business management