Financial Accountant - Home Working Available
4 days left
- Contract Type
Where you’ll fit in & what our team goals are….
In this role you will own the EMEA Controllership central accounting and control functions for the approx. 60 entities that operate in the Europe, Middle East and Africa ("EMEA") and Asia Pacific ("APAC") regions, in addition to providing accounting, project and other support to the wider business.
How you'll spend your time....
- Management of specific general ledger journals which are primarily balance sheet focused which includes the consolidation of externally produced trial balance for fund and certain offshore entities. The management process extends to ensuring all appropriate entries are made for the entities with the EMEA and APAC groups, both by this specific team and the wider organization, within the global close timetable.
- Providing leadership and management of a team of 3 individuals in terms of day to day task management, ongoing assessment of their performance, and supporting their development and well being.
- Review and sign-off of certain ledger outputs including the monthly FX revaluation and entity by entity sense checks of profit levels and balance sheet positions.
- Responsibility for review and submission of all governance requests as they relate to amendments to the general ledger.
- Management of the overall EMEA and APAC balance sheet processes and the completion and review of specific Balance Sheet Reconciliations, ensuring all aged items are addressed appropriately in an acceptable timetable.
- Management of the Inter-company accounts for the EMEA and APAC companies including investigation and resolution of any out of balance relationships as well as correction of any erroneous entries.
- Ownership of the daily Client Money and Client Asset regulatory tracking and review process - these are a key focus for the regulator - and representation of the department at associated meetings.
To be successful in this role you will have....
- Strong excel skills are required for this role
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Sharing ideas and supporting other team members
If you also had this, it would be great….
- Strong organisational skills to manage the completion of all of the necessary tasks within the required deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience of working in a finance department is also desired