Investment Accounting Analyst - Home Working Available
3 days left
- Contract Type
You’ll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you’ll find growth and career opportunities across all of our businesses. We’re intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients’ specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognize that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base. We welcome applications from returners to the industry.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter. Where you’ll fit in & what our team goals are….
This role is part of the global Investment Accounting function located in the US, UK and India. In this role you will perform daily accounting activities relating to the Investment Book of Record so as to enable accurate accounting, client reporting and tracking of investment performance on an assigned set of portfolios. You will be accountable to the Manager of Investment Accounting based in the UK and will be responsible for the daily and periodic processes for the Columbia Threadneedle Investments (CTI) UK funds. You will also be required to collaborate with accounting, reconciliation and operational counterparts based in India, the UK and the US.
How you'll spend your time....
• Perform daily control report reviews, valuation analysis, day-to-day operational accounting activities, and problem resolution of assigned portfolios & Quality Control Exceptions (QC's) in the Aladdin accounting system.
• Ensure all identified issues are thoroughly researched and escalated/communicated timely to all impacted parties.
• Perform NAV (Net Asset Value) Reconciliation on a weekly basis across a number of funds, comparing CTI NAV's to 3rd party NAV's & understanding & clearing relevant reconciliation breaks.
• Assist with ad-hoc queries from internal business partners and/or external clients, including Front Office, Client Reporting, Middle Office, Third Party Administrators, Investment Operations etc.
• Where notified by internal and external business partners/clients, process if required, transactions in the Aladdin Accounting system including cash flows, trade activity, income, foreign transaction, derivatives or other transactions in accordance with established procedures and policies.
• Cross train and provide back up in the UK & possibly US & India Accounting teams.
• Complete retention of records, work and other information, following established procedures and policies.
• Assist with implementation of new client portfolios or re-engineering initiatives based on set requirements and the agreed change control processes.
• Provide information and answer questions for audits and risk assessments i.e. from external and internal audit and risk functions.
To be successful in this role you will have....
• Strong and relevant accounting experience
• Solid understanding of portfolio accounting and investment operations activities
• Analytical skills, with strong attention to detail
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to take initiative and remain a team player
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Act proactively and think creatively.
• Ability to work independently following established procedures.
• Proficiency in MS Office, specifically Excel
If you also had this, it would be great….
• Knowledge of systems environment and infrastructure, specifically Aladdin and ancillary accounting applications used.
• Preferably educated to degree standard
• Preferably prior experience of working from home and working in an office environment
• Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams and work across time zones with colleagues in other operational locations.
• Ability to juggle and co-ordinate a number of priorities at any one time