Software Engineer - Flexible Working Available
Lloyds Banking Group, we're inspired by a clear purpose; to Help Britain Recover. Across the Group, our colleagues are passionate about making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. We're on the mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help to do it.
In group Transformation we're redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Our technology, culture, and our mind-set's changing to craft a true engineering-led organisation.
We're creating new opportunities and products to improve customer experiences for years to come. With our business evolving to more modern and flexible ways of working, we want driven, dynamic and innovative individuals who join us on this journey.
We're looking for someone who loves technology and its application to real-world problems. A 'great teammate' who can establish relationships and work efficiently with others across a variety of domains, fields and locations. To help lead and deliver high quality technical solutions.
Lloyds Banking Group is the largest provider of Mortgages in the UK, with over 2 million active Mortgages. We have placed Mortgages at the heart of our strategy to become the best bank for customers. Our team in Mortgages is passionate about creating new services for our customers that transform the customer and colleague experience. Our culture brings together smart, hardworking, people from a diverse group of backgrounds that enjoy a collaborative and innovative environment that supports flexible and agile working.
Do you want to inspire change to support and enhance the customer experience on UK's Largest Mortgage Book?
As a senior member of the Scottish Widows Bank engineering team, you'd be leading a team of engineers. There are two discrete elements to this role:
Leading the day to day relationship with the third party software provider of the Core Mortgage and Savings Platform, including the Internet Banking Solution. In addition to the above responsibility for supporting and delivering changes into all Microsoft Windows hosted applications.
You'll support and empower your team of engineers and work collaboratively with other team members, partners and third parties to create empowered teams who are motivated to tackle business problems and realise value to customers.
So what are we looking for in you?
- You're a dynamic and adaptable individual - able to use & learn new skills & knowledge in varying circumstances
- You've a well-developed communication kit bag with extensive partner management experience
- A natural facilitator and decision-maker, you'll enable collaboration across all disciplines within the Lab
- You're a skilled negotiator, analytical thinker and problem solver
- You'll be curious about technology and understanding how things work.
- As a leader and motivator you'll nurture team members to create a robust team culture
- You'll lead, direct and shape approaches to solving technical challenges. Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- And you'll influence positively - demonstrating the right values and behaviours and encouraging this in team members
We'll be specifically looking for these skills on your CV:
- Solid understanding of the entire software development lifecycle and experience in end to end delivery of software products.
- Good experience with agile development methods & tooling e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Jira & Confluence, and experience of leading & working as part of an agile team
- Strong software development background essential, along with knowledge of modern software development toolsets including Cloud hosting, Web App development, API's, DevOps Continuous Integration and Delivery.
- Experience of leading third party software providers and holding them to account for quality of delivery.
- A broad understanding of the technologies that support customer facing web applications (i.e. Internet Banking) and an understanding of front end application development and exposure to MS .Net
- Strong engineering background within the Microsoft Windows environment with good understanding of key components such as configuring applications on a Windows Server / Windows registry / Certificates / IIS / Local & Group security policy / MSMQ / XML and deploying MSI packages.
- Understand how to configure, deploy and lead integration of 3rd Party applications using Urbancode and Jenkins.
What else could you bring with you?
- Familiarity of management and integration of modern & legacy platforms
- Exposure to a range of host database technologies (e.g. GTM, Unix AIX)
- Understanding of LBG operating model and process frameworks, along with techniques to analyse and improve them
- Knowledge of Mortgage product systems and the mortgage lifecycle.
We'll provide you with a diverse, energising and informal environment that focuses on equal opportunity and supports career progression A role within our team will provide the chance to work flexibly and collaboratively. We'll take your personal and professional development very seriously and enable you to make a positive difference to the overall teams' mission.
Together we can make it possible!
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation…
We're happy to consider options other than 9-to-5 office-based work. To us "Agile working" is more than working flexibly - it's about entrusting colleagues to think creatively about how, when and where they work, to deliver their very best.
We'll also give you a broad remuneration package which includes:
- A performance share bonus
- A generous pension contribution
- A flex cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle
- Private health cover
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Various share schemes including free shares
So if you have the skills, background and outlook we're seeking and this opportunity appeals then get in touch, we'd love you to join our team!