Heavy Recovery Driver
Are you experienced in vehicle recovery? If so, a family-owned vehicle repair and recovery operator, is looking for an HGV Recovery Driver/Technician
The successful candidate will ensure that customers’ vehicles are recovered or transported safely and efficiently and to meet Company KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
The key responsibilities of an HGV Recovery Driver/ Technician include, but are not limited to:
- Carrying out Recovery or Transport jobs utilising Apex software
- Liaison with Customers to advise on the ETA with regard to jobs
- Access casualty vehicle on scene and record any existing damage, taking photos.
- Recover vehicles back to required location, without damage to vehicle
- Conducting vehicle safety checks prior to going out on the road
- Ensuring that the company fleet and equipment is maintained to the highest standards
We have been in the vehicle repair and recovery operator business since 1948.
In addition to our service department facilities, we operate a modern fleet of breakdown vehicles so that we can offer car recovery in addition to our fully equipped service vans, low-loader and heavy under-lifts. Our roadside and recovery service operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for any eventuality.
The key skills and qualities of an HGV Recovery Driver/ Technician:
- Current Class 1 HGV driving licence and valid Driver CPC
- 6- 8 years’ previous experience of working in vehicle recovery
- Strong technical knowledge of vehicle recovery including working at major incidents
- Experience of using winches and cranes is essential
- Strong communication skills at all levels and customer orientated
- Basic computer literacy and administration skills
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please email your CV to email@example.com