Are you experienced in vehicle repairs? If so, Statham’s Motor Engineers, a family-owned vehicle repair and recovery operator, are looking for a Workshop Technician.
The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out servicing and repair work to customer’s vehicles, from light goods vehicles to PSVs, HGVs and plant machinery.
The key responsibilities of a Workshop Technician include, but are not limited to:
- Use company TEXA/Jaltest computer systems and company laptop to diagnose vehicle faults.
- MOT preparations, preventative maintenance inspections (PMIs), carry out brake and light checks using modern inhouse facilities, servicing and general repair work to DVSA standards on customer and Statham vehicles.
- Update workshop administrator on the progress on customer vehicles regularly throughout the day.
- Assisting with Service Van call outs when necessary
- Carrying out curtain repairs and minor accident damage repairs
- Opportunity to work on Statham’s vintage vehicles and restoration projects
The Statham family have been in the vehicle repair and recovery operator business since 1948 when Sidney Statham opened Statham’s Garage in Redbourn, Herts.
In addition to our service department facilities, which are IRTE accredited and which we are investing in significantly in the coming financial year, we operate a modern fleet of breakdown vehicles so that we can offer car recovery in addition to our fully equipped service vans, low-loader and heavy under-lifts. Our roadside and recovery service operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for any eventuality.
The key skills and qualities of a Workshop Technician:
- Strong technical knowledge of various types of vehicles make and models.
- Excellent diagnostic skills.
- A can-do attitude with a flexible approach to work.
- Basic computer literacy and administration skills.
- Organised in planning daily tasks, with ability to multitask more than one job at a time.
- Ability to use initiative to suggest solutions to problems.
- Able to understand and assist customers as efficiently and effectively as possible, but without compromising vehicle safety.
- City and Guilds training or equivalent.
- Have a full driving licence, HGV licence preferable but not essential
- Experience of curtain repairs and body repairs desirable
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org