We are currently seeking a Website Assistant to work in the WHSmith online team. Reporting to the Content Manager this is a great opportunity to join our talented online team. The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to work in a fast paced Trading team closely working with the Operations and Web and Content teams.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking for their first role in online retail – and it will give a great insight into the behind the scenes work that goes into a successful online business. Customers buying online rely on us to provide all the information they need about a product before making their purchase. From product description, to price and imagery – we have to ensure that what they are buying is exactly what they are after.
What you’ll be doing:
• Online website product set-up - Will involve data input including product classifications / pricing / size and dimensions. Accuracy is critical.
• Range management of products on the site – ensuring all products that should be on the website are set up correctly, with product images, and are available to the customer to purchase.
• Working with the photography team to help build marketing content
• Assisting with site merchandising for new products and product areas
What we are looking for:
• Online experience not essential, though experience of and enthusiasm for online retail advantageous
• Accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
• Good level of creative writing skills and ability to describe products accurately
• Good level of excel – as we use this to manage our many sources of data.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Good level of self-motivation and organisational skills.
• Full training on Direct systems will be provided.
• Knowledge of HTML code and/or Google Analytics beneficial but not essential.