Head of People - Product
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Group Product is the team behind the renowned Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design, we're proud that everyone's favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs
"This role exists to act as a Senior People Business Partner to Sky's Product Hub leadership teams. You will ensure that business strategies are supported by delivery of effective people products and services that land brilliantly in the business. You'll partner with substantial teams and functions to help deliver better people experiences for our teams."- Director, People Partnering
What you'll do:
- Partner with member(s) of Sky's executive leadership team, covering multiple directorates.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to provide senior level counsel and strategic insight and challenge to help them drive their people agenda.
- Partner to design and deliver strategic local people plans with an alignment to the Product Hub people strategy
- Ensure the needs of the business are met through the effective delivery of people products and services
- Lead significant Sky-wide change projects across the business including supporting our people transformation journey, delivering operational efficiencies, driving a high-performance culture and an over-arching diversity & inclusion agenda.
- Partner to design and implement sustainable org design methodology in a complex matrix environment
- Coach and influence business leaders, using workforce insights to enable more effective business decisions
What you'll bring:
- Demonstrable success developing close, trusted partnerships with senior leaders across multiple business areas.
- Proven success using business relationships, alongside your extensive knowledge and experience of HR and operational environments, to help leaders develop and implement a range of people strategies that support their business agenda, using a variety of coaching and influencing styles.
- The agility, pace and experience with an ongoing willingness, to work across a range of different client areas, in support of your personal growth and / or business requirements.
- A broad, generalist understanding of HR gained through relevant experience with a good grasp of employment law. An ability to then translate and lead with a people focused approach and true passion.
- Demonstrable experience leading significant people change projects, including organisational design methodology A good understanding of Sky's business priorities, and the ability to recognise how HR levers can be used in support of business strategy in the longer-term.
- Data literate and will have demonstrable success in using data analytics to inform people strategies.
- Customer-led & simplifying, capable of developing practical and workable solutions, keeping things as simple as possible.
- Great judgement, knowing how to balance pragmatism and best practice in ensuring your work is tuned to supporting the business achieve its aims.
- Creative and action-oriented, bringing a positive, solutions-focused approach to your work. And you'll be able to prioritise your efforts for maximum impact with pace of delivery.
- Collaborative and inclusive, able to work effectively with colleagues across the Business and in HR to enable collective success.(preferred) Track record of success in partnering with senior leaders across product or technology functions.
Our HR team is all about making Sky a great place to work that's both fair and inclusive for our people. We do OUR best to help everyone be at THEIR best. From hiring fantastic people to offering great benefits, from supporting learning and careers to making sure everyone gets paid on time - it all makes a difference. We want our people to have everything they need to design awesome products, create amazing TV, deliver the best customer service and much, much, more.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
OR Livingston Watermark House:
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus there's onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You'll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Why wait? Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.