Learning & Development Officer
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity available for an enthusiastic and engaging training & development professional to come and make themselves at home with us at Swan! Working with a fun and friendly team, we are looking for an innovative, self-starting individual with a passion for creating engaging content and people development.
Main Purpose of Job:
Tracking and developing talent across the business, this position plays a pivotal role in supporting our management teams to drive career development within Swan. Working closely with other People Team colleagues, the T&D Officer is responsible for the full training remit including induction and acting as Swans’ lead internal trainer on a number of subjects.
This role could be for you if you can
- Create engaging training content through a mix of online, e-learning and classroom formats
- Take full ownership of the company induction process, creating a fun and engaging program
- Working closely with our Managers, identify and track talent across the Group ensuring high performers have tailored plans
- Take full ownership of the appraisal process, ensuring high completion rates
- Conduct career mapping and skills gaps analysis
- Act as our master trainer for subjects that we can run in-house
- Assist in the design and coordinatization of Swans’ leadership program
- Take a leading role in apprenticeship and work experience activities, coordinating across the business
For the above post you will have/be:
- IT literate, specifically strong MS Excel skills
- Demonstrable experience of creating engaging training content
- Sound knowledge of apprenticeships and the levy
- Previous experience running virtual training events
- Proactive with strong influencing skills
- A qualified Insights trainer would be desirable
- Preferably hold a relevant level 5 qualification in training/L&D/talent management but this is not essential
Once you join us and begin making yourself at home, you will benefit from the following:
We offer a wide range of benefits including a Pension scheme, Private Healthcare and Life assurance. There is a generous holiday entitlement and we are committed to training and developing all of our employees. Swan is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.