Group Finance Analyst - Flexible Working Available
Group Finance Analyst
Fixed Term Contract (6 months)
About the role
As Group Finance Analyst you will liaise with the Cost Management team members & business areas regarding the management of the cost base and other financial metrics. You will work closely with the accountable functional Finance Business Partners to provide financial insight and support and analysis where required. Ensuring effective cost management processes and controls are maintained and improved upon where required.
- Prepare month end journals ensuring compliance with Group policies and relevant accounting standards.
- Prepare monthly cost variance analysis, presenting information to departmental managers, Group Expenses Business Partners, and investigating and correcting variances.
- Conduct detailed cost base analysis, identifying trends and be able to reporting findings appropriately.
- To support the production of MI for the Cost Forum and GEC.
- To ensure project costs are accurately and effectively controlled, analysed and reported.
- Support in the preparation of annual cost budgets and quarterly cost forecasts.
- Collating information and commentary for inclusion in the monthly KPI Board pack and Management Accounts, in accordance with strict reporting deadlines.
- Provide ad-hoc project support where required.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Can demonstrate significant analytical skills with the ability to manipulate large amounts of data.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong & confident communication skills – both written & verbal
- Displays the confidence and ability to communicate with and challenge all levels of staff and management, including Directors.
- Ability to handle and manipulate large amounts of raw data into relevant and presentable formats. This will require very effective IT skills – Microsoft Office packages including Word, advanced Excel (including pivot tables, look ups), presentational packages (PowerPoint, PDF).
- Ability to present financial information in a clear and coherent manner suitable for presenting to senior management.
- Good inter-personal skills – (consistent)
- List out experience required
We’re a FTSE 250 Financial Services company who specialise in retirement solutions and right now, our world is moving pretty quickly.
How people work, save, and plan for the future is all changing. A new generation of retirees needs a new kind of retirement company. A company who will look for new ways of doing things – and will always put the customer first.
That’s who we are. We’re a company on a mission: to become a beacon for the entire retirement industry. Because we believe everyone deserves a fair, secure, and fulfilling retirement. And with you on our team, we’re going to make sure they get it.