Senior Fund Accountant - Swindon Based - Home Working Available
You’ll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you’ll find growth and career opportunities across all of our businesses. We’re intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients’ specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognize that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base. We welcome applications from returners to the industry.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter. Where you’ll fit in & what our team goals are….
You will join us as a Senior Fund Accountant into its well- established Real Estate and Infrastructure Operations Team. Your role will include responsibility for the production of monthly management accounts and management information, along with financial statements and VAT and Tax reporting.
How you'll spend your time....
- To prepare/review monthly Management Accounts including the analysis and reconciliation of Balance Sheet and Income Statement General Ledger items and completing Net Asset Value computations for communication to investors.
- To produce monthly Management Information, including Liquidity Forecasts.
- Coordination and control of quarterly investor / Client communication ensuring completion within specified timescales.
- The calculation of CGT information to the client and the tracking of capital allowances and reporting to the relevant tax specialists.
- To complete the computation, general ledger reconciliation and on-line submission of quarterly VAT Returns and payment of sums payable to HMRC (where applicable).
- To aid in the preparation of annual statutory Financial Statements, including supporting documents/workings. To liaise with internal and external auditors to ensure audits are planned and executed accordingly and financial statements are distributed to interested parties in accordance with required timescales.
- To aid in the review and implementation of Property Asset acquistion and disposals pipeline.
- To ensure continuous implementation and strict application of accounting standards and operational control
- Any other duties that are deemed necessary that may occur from time to time
To be successful in this role you will have....
- Part/Fully Qualified Accountant – ACCA, CIMA or ACA
- Management Accounting experience
- Clear and concise communicator with experience of working with colleagues at all levels
- Solid financial accounting skills, including ability to analyse and interpret variances
- Self-starter, deadline driven and can work on own initiative
- Client Focus driven with proven experience