HSEQ Co-Ordinator - 12 month FTC
We are looking for a professional HSEQ Co-Ordinator to join our Health & Safety team within our Secure Infrastructure business. This is a fixed term position for 12 months.
This role will be mostly home based and some travel to sites may be required (3-4 times per year). You will provide administrative support and technical coordination to the HSEQ team to enable the business to achieve continual improvement in Health & Safety, Quality & Assurance and Environment & Sustainability.
Excellent, high level IT skills are essential, to support 3 senior stakeholders, and experience in HSEQ would be highly desirable.
- Monitor HSEQ IT systems to ensure accuracy and timely completion by accounts/HSEQ personnel
- Production of monthly/weekly HSEQ performance reports, at Account, BU and Group level
- Coordinate HSEQ platforms used within the business to include but not limited to Sypol/CoSHH Management systems, AVA accident reporting systems, DSE assessment tool etc
- Day to day management of the HSEQ functions internal intranet system, ensuring critical HSEQ documents, policies and processed are maintained are readily available to the business.
- Responsible for managing departments procurement activity
- Production of bespoke HSEQ reports
- Acting as first point of contact for HSEQ enquiries and liaising with he wider HSEQ function to ensure enquires are successfully managed.
- Managing interface with external organisation such as BSi in the upkeep of the BU's HSEQ external ISO certifications
- Assisting with the management of the organisations commercial fleet systems
- All other activities to assist the HSEQ management team & function in ensuring HSEQ compliance
What are we looking for?
- Must be highly IT literate, very strong skills with Office management tools (Excel, Word & PowerPoint critical)
- Some experience of administrative duties within the field of HSEQ
- Good oral and written skills
- Questioning / listening skills to ensure accurate understanding
- A 'can do' attitude and a commitment to learning opportunities
- The ability to use their initiative and work with minimal direction from line manager
- Pride in the quality and reliability of their work and outputs
- Experience in SYPOL, AVA, WORKRITE systems preferred
- The ability to use systematic analysis to arrive at the most suitable decision
- The ability to propose improvements to their job processes and efficiency
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.