Tax Analyst - Flexible Working Available
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
You will play a pivotal role within the Tax function, working with Tax and Finance colleagues in Sky's Shared Service Centre and the Group Tax function at Osterley. The Tax Department enjoys a high profile within Sky and this role will provide insight into the Group's finances and key tax attributes as well as being a stepping-stone to establishing a reputation within Finance and across the Tax Team.
What you'll do:
- Oversight of group corporate tax matters including group relief, corporate interest restriction, use of tax losses, overview of the group tax position and monitoring group's payment position with HMRC.
- To be the point of contact on tax related accounting queries; for example the tax impact of changes in Accounting Standards, sourcing and explaining data to other tax colleagues including the US parent company
- Review or preparation of UK Corporation tax returns and tax disclosures in the UK statutory accounts
- Improving compliance and other tax related processes
- Ad hoc assistance with other matters as required for example reviewing the ability to carry forward tax losses following a change of ownership, tax on disposal of investments, UK tax reliefs for innovation, UK to UK transfer pricing, managing externally prepared capital allowance claims on major building projects
- To ensure compliance with Senior Accounting Officer controls and SOX controls
What you'll bring:
- You'll be a fully qualified accountant with tax experience either already working in industry or working in a practice environment supporting large corporate clients.
- Familiar with tax legislation and confident to research unfamiliar topics
- A willingness to embrace new challenges and to work on your own initiative
- Ability to form good working relationships with Shared Service Centre colleagues in Livingston and with the wider tax team in the UK and overseas.
Team Overview In our drive to be the best at what we do, we want to run a world-class service that is ready for new challenges. Recently awarded Tolley's Best In-House Tax Department in 2020 our Tax Team is no different. We aim to deliver a best in class tax service to Sky's various businesses. The tax team is made up of around thirty tax professionals based in the UK (both in London and Scotland), Germany and Italy. This position could potentially be based from Livingston or Osterley.
The Rewards:There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:You will be based at Livingston campus although, travel between Sky sites may be required from time-to-time to support service delivery. Our lively Livingston campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus there's onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You'll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
Inclusion:Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working!
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Why wait?Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.