Resource Manager (Exams)
What is the purpose of this role?
- To support the CEFA Operations Team in the efficient and effective and cost effective provision of examination delivery resource and technical report compliance to ensure the successful delivery of the CEFA project.
- To undertake People Manager duties, to ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of team members.
What does this role involve?
- Ensure that safety is always the priority, promote safe working practices, and ensure full implementation and compliance with Key Processes.
- Ensure that the appropriate Safe System of Work (SSOW), Work Package Plan (WPP)/Task Briefing Sheet (TBS) documentation is adhered to at all times so that Amey responsibilities are discharged on-site at all times.
- Ensure that close calls, near misses and any other incidents are reported without hesitation and investigated comprehensively.
- Support the Area Resource Manager with the creation, development and enhancement of the baseline programme through the Planning Robustness process, providing accurate forecasts for resource capacity and needs in line with programme requirements.
- Ensure that the resourcing and delivery of the structures examinations is done in accordance with project requirements.
- Ensure that work is planned to optimise the use of available resources, including safety critical requirements.
- Work closely with the Engineering Team to produce technically compliant reports and minimise rejections (A technical understanding of structures examination and STE4 competence would be desirable).
- Ensure that all reports are submitted to satisfy the requirements of the Contract KPI's.
- Manage the vehicles and equipment, ensuring that maintenance, inspection, repair and calibration is undertaken as required.
- Undertake a people manager role, ensuring that the Examiners are highly engaged and receive the necessary support and development. Ensure PDR's are undertaken in a timely manner to include SMART business and career development objectives.
- Work with the Engineering Team to ensure that examiner competence is managed effectively, including briefing, training, mentorship and assessment.
- Ensure that Trainee Examiners are given full support in order to achieve the milestones set out in the Amey Trainee Examiner Agreement.
- Support the implementation of site audits, inspections and trials as appropriate.
- Improve and evolve our systems, tools and processes so that we can drive efficiency and bring benefits to Amey and to Network Rail
What are we looking for?
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Training:
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop an examination team
- Ability to identify and share best practice within the business
- Be a self-starter, able to take responsibility and work with minimum supervision
- Knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of the key operational processes and technical standards for delivering structural examinations on the rail infrastructure
- Proven rail industry experience in a trade, technical, safety critical or operational related role
- Experience of managing individuals and small/medium sized work teams
- ONC/Btech in Civil Engineering or Building (additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu on an individual basis).
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Computer literate with a full working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly excel
Desirable Skills, Qualifications and Training:
- Customer Relationship Management
- Commercial Awareness
- Knowledge of track access planning processes and systems
- Knowledge of Network Rail's assets and how they are managed
- Relevant experience of working in a railway operating environment
- Rail safety critical competence (IWA, COSS, ES, SWL1/2)
- SMSTS / IOSH Managing Safe Work
- HNC/HND in Civil Engineering or Building
- STE 4 competent
- Be working towards, or have obtained a relevant professional qualification such as MAPM, MICE etc
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.