HR Business Partner, EMEA
What working at Columbia Threadneedle offers….
Working at Columbia Threadneedle Investments you’ll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you’ll find growth and career opportunities across all of our businesses. We’re intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies, and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients’ specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter. Where you’ll fit in & what our team goals are…
A role has become available in our EMEA HR team based in London for a HR Business Partner.
You will be partnering with specific, EMEA based business areas to deliver an end to end HR service at strategic and operational level.
The designated client groups will be made up of Distribution, Marketing and Corporate Affairs which have Global, matrix structures and require close collaboration with the North American part of business to ensure Global strategies, processes and initiatives are rolled-out consistently whilst safeguarding regional requirements.
How you’ll spend your time…
Act as first point of contact for leaders whilst building and maintaining strong relationships, attaining “trusted advisor” status; geared to deliver solutions which are commercial, pragmatic and risk managed.
- Facilitate management of headcount, hiring approval process and hire-plan to agreed budgets working with Hiring Leaders and the Talent Acquisition Team.
- Manage process for identifying talent/high potential employees and supporting Leaders in implementing solutions to develop, engage and retain talent. Facilitate identification of training and development needs, partnering with the Talent Development team.
- Provide advice and support to leaders to resolve employee relations issues, engaging and educating leaders to ensure active management of all performance issues through informal and formal processes.
- Support leaders through the annual performance management cycle; coaching on delivering feedback and ensuring the successful delivery of the Performance Appraisal process; including managing Consistency Meetings and following up on outcomes.
- Collaborate with the Reward team to ensure integrity of compensation data, facilitate job matching and ensure general understanding by Leaders of the Total Reward philosophy and methodology.
- Active management of HR information; maintaining approvals of changes in the leader self-service HRIS. Provide management information to Leaders to facilitate discussions on employment matters.
- Support Leaders through periods of transformation and organisation change and deliver and embed change across client group(s)
- Act as HR lead on projects in support of wider HR agenda, collaborating across teams as required.
To be successful in this role you will have…
- Advanced client facing HRBP experience and process quality standards
- Experience from within the Financial Services Industry and of UK regulation and compliance concepts
- Significant Employee Relations experience
- Strong commercial acumen with a risk and controls mindset
- Team-working and collaboration with experience working in a matrix organisation / regional and functional business operating model with the ability to build effective working relationships with global partners.
If you had this it would also be great...
- European HR experience
- Experience working with Workday HRIS