Senior Digital Engineer
Senior Digital Engineer
Location: London, Midlands, Manchester
Employment type: Permanent
We are looking to recruit a high calibre Senior Digital Engineer to join the LOR Digital Engineering team. You will support the development, implementation and deployment of Laing O'Rourke's digital engineering approach with a focus on helping our digital and technical transformation.
Responsibilities focus on supporting our Digital Engineering (DE) team in the successful implementation of key digital initiatives for the business which include new and advanced methods of using data, 3D modelling and visualisation for design, manufacturing and construction.
You will work closely with partners from the business and other members of the team for the implementation and delivery of bid/project DE strategies. A Senior Digital Engineer will actively support the team to drive consistent implementation and continuous improvement of our capability and capacity in line with industry best practice and emerging innovation and technology.
- Supports the setup and implementation of Digital Engineering on projects by applying appropriate influence, input, resource, process and protocols at bid, pre-construction, construction, commissioning, handover, operation and maintenance.
- Influences and supports the development of LOR staff to deliver Digital Engineering in line with their discipline specific responsibilities, through upskilling, training, workshops and regular communications utilising key project relationships.
- Leads the development of project specific solutions to deliver in accordance with our Digital Engineering offering.
- Seeks out, influences, develops and maintains collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external, to deliver BIM strategies.
- Actively contributes towards and promotes best practice and the development of the Digital Engineering service offering. Develops and encourages direct reports through constructive feedback and mentoring to ensure consistency in delivery. Seeks out opportunities to influence and share lessons learnt beyond direct line management reporting lines.
- Lead any requirement for authoring and development of the 3D model, having full and up to date knowledge of all project information and documentation and having agreed level of detail with project team.
- Agree and lead DE implementation in alignment with Business strategy, Bid team win themes and support requirements, and manage delivery and resource accordingly to agreed deadlines.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with key stakeholders, (e.g bid/project senior leadership team, business unit specific).
- Responsible for ensuring governance and compliance with well-defined QA procedures and processes, and actively participate in further development, including best practice relating to project implementation.
A good understanding of BIM industry standards and good understanding of multiple BIM processes and platforms. As this is a senior role you will be responsible for working with a team of Digital / BIM professionals. You will also need excellent communication and teamwork skills and have knowledge of the design, manufacturing and construction process.
The role may entail supporting the development of or testing other digital tools. Knowledge of applications such as (but not limited to) Autodesk Revit, Navisworks, BIM360, COBie and facility management is advantageous. Other areas of expertise are: Data visualisation/analysis, programming, yet these are not essential.
Qualifications and training:
- Degree in a built environment subject with BIM or similar experience
- Desired - Professionally qualified and/or accredited
Why Choose Us?
We are an innovative, forward thinking business who pride ourselves on the quality of our people and the projects we deliver.
We are committed to extensive training, development and long-term career opportunities and as such this role is suitable for a committed individual who is seeking long-term career opportunities.
In return you will be rewarded with leading company benefits that only a global business can offer as well as a competitive remuneration package.
With a heritage spanning over 160 years, Laing O'Rourke is an internationally focused engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities. We operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the world's most prestigious public and private organisations.
We really value difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation. We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel respected & valued for being themselves.
To all recruitment agencies: Laing O'Rourke does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our vacancies, employees or any other person acting on behalf of us. Laing O'Rourke is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.