Database Administrator - DBA - Flexible Working Available
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
"Working at Sky as part of the Identity Site Reliability Engineering team is an exciting way to develop and improve your skills across a broad technology stack on multiple cloud providers. Your contributions will help drive improvements and new features on our global Identity platform. Our team provides sign-in, sign-up and related services for tens of millions of Sky, NOW, and NBCU Peacock customers and we have an exciting roadmap of enhancements that require architecture design and support across our persistence layer." - James Shaw, Senior Site Reliability Engineering Manager
What you'll do:
- Database design, installation and configuration
- Manage changes across our persistence estates
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting
- Provide support for any performance issues through the optimisation of queries, stored procedures, indexing & structure
- Deliver training to colleagues in how to extract data efficiently
- Write database documentation
What you'll bring:
- Experience with or exposure to database architecture principles
- Previous experience as a Database Administrator - NoSQL preferred
- Detailed data analysis and presentation skills
- Database Monitoring (Prometheus, Nagios, Icinga)
- Scripting / System-Programming (Python,Bash,Go)
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
Our spacious tech hub is less than a mile from Leeds train station, with free water taxis available form Granary Wharf. There's also plenty of parking in the surrounding streets and at the nearby CitiPark.
You can also blow off steam over a game of pool or table tennis and stay fit at our subsidised gym.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.