IT Security Engineer - Flexible Working Available
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
"Working at Sky as part of the Identity Site Reliability Engineering team is an exciting way to develop and improve your skills across a broad technology stack on multiple cloud providers. Our team provides sign-in, sign-up and related services for tens of millions of Sky, NOW, and NBCU Peacock customers. This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our i3 security team, who are a team of security specialists proactively working to protect Identity from cyber related threats." - James Shaw, Senior Site Reliability Engineering Manager
What you'll do:
- Design and deploy Security Detection, Prevention and Monitoring technologies
- Work with development teams to ensure security is embedded within team workflows
- Assist with Audit and Compliance assessments
- Manage response to ongoing threats, operating autonomously or engaging the relevant stakeholder to keep the systems as secure as possible
- Participate in the implementation of Incident Response best practices
- Support threat hunting and incident response activites with research and analysis
What you'll bring:
- Knowledge of SIEM, SOAR, IPS/IDS security technologies (Splunk, Akamai)
- Experience in providing analytical triage of alert/event data
- Experience in scripting / coding with Python/Bash
- Working knowledge of routing principles and networking architecture, protocols, and services
- Ability to carefully document your work so others in the team can easily understand and build upon it
- You're collaborative, keen to learn and quick to adapt
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
Our spacious tech hub is under a mile away from Leeds train station, with free water taxis available from Granary Wharf. There's also plenty of parking in the surrounding streets and at the nearby CitiPark.
You can also blow off steam over a game of pool or table tennis and stay fit at our subsidised gym.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.