Inclusive Hiring Manager - Home Working Available
Inclusive Hiring Manager
At Apollo we are committed to creating a more inclusive workplace culture and for us that starts with a fair, equitable and inclusive recruitment process.
We are looking for an experienced recruiter who can take on the day to day recruitment activities and has the knowledge and experience to help us embed inclusion into each stage of our recruitment process, advise and train the wider HR team and our hiring managers on inclusive hiring practices and actively connect with diverse talent pools.
This opportunity is a permanent position however we are open for applications looking for a part-time (4 days a week), flexible role and hope that in joining our team you will experience true work life balance and job satisfaction.
- Ownership of the full recruitment process from sourcing through to offer and on boarding.
- Management of recruitment preferred supplier list (PSL) including the creation of recruitment material for external candidates, agencies and partners
- Management of direct recruitment channels including LinkedIn, job boards and industry networks
- Development and maintenance of our in-house recruitment database
- Ensuring all legal and regulatory obligations are met with regards to recruitment
- Market mapping and trend analysis
Diversity & Inclusion
- Development of Apollo’s hiring strategy to ensure that inclusion is embedded throughout the recruitment and on boarding processes.
- Ensure all job advertisements are fully inclusive
- Ensure all recruitment policies and procedures are up to date and are fully inclusive
- Advise and train HR team and hiring managers on inclusive job design and inclusive hiring practices
- Keep up to date with best practice and new ideas on how to be an inclusive recruiter and position Apollo as a true employer of choice
- Assist with the headcount planning
- Assist with ad-hoc HR team projects
- Work with wider HR team to help deliver all objectives
- Cover for team when absent from the office
- Attend market events and conferences to broaden knowledge and best practice
Essential Skills & Attributes
- Knowledge of Human Resources processes and best practices
- Experience of inclusive hiring process
- Knowledge of the Equality Act of 2010 and how this impacts recruitment and onboarding
- Intermediate level of MS Excel skills
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Self-managing and proactive
- High level of integrity
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally
- Insurance experience (Lloyd’s desirable as seen below)
- CIPD qualification(desirable but not essential)
Working from home during the pandemic:
At Apollo, we are continuing to recruit, and onboard new hires supported by our flexible work options which include 100% working from home during the pandemic.
We place the health and wellbeing of our employees at the forefront of what we do and we’ve invested in providing a high level of support for our employees, offering equipment to support home-working, flexible working options, weekly online exercise classes and access to tutors to help with home schooling. We also offer all staff access to a 24/7 support helpline and private one on one sessions to help with mental health.
We’re continuing on our journey to create an ever more inclusive & diverse culture, supported by a new smarter approach to working. We want to make sure everyone is looked after and supported.
At Apollo we have the following values and all employees should consider these in their day to day roles
- Innovation in ideas and actions
- Agile and flexible working
- Two way honest and respectful feedback
- Being professional and respectful
- Taking responsibility for our impact on others
- Support, collaboration and inclusivity
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we will provide reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact us about your needs so that we can discuss these with you to make sure that suitable adjustments are made, where possible.