Senior Reinsurance Technician - Home Working Available
Senior Reinsurance Technician
At Apollo we are committed to creating a more inclusive workplace culture and for us that starts with a fair, equitable and inclusive recruitment process.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Reinsurance Technician who can act as the focus for all Reinsurance technical accounting and processing procedures and to assist in the production of relevant information for both management information and reinsurance submissions.
This opportunity has genuine career progression and would suit someone who is looking to develop into a managerial position in the not to distant future. We have a plan to help advance this role from Senior Reinsurance Technician into a Reinsurance Operations Manager.
At Apollo we have the following values and all employees should consider these in their day to day roles
- Innovation in ideas and actions
- Agile and flexible working
- Two way honest and respectful feedback
- Being professional and respectful
- Taking responsibility for our impact on others
- Support, collaboration and inclusivity
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we will provide reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact us about your needs so that we can discuss these with you to make sure that suitable adjustments are made, where possible.
Working from home during the pandemic:
At Apollo, we are continuing to recruit, and onboard new hires supported by our flexible work options which include 100% working from home during the pandemic.
We place the health and wellbeing of our employees at the forefront of what we do and we’ve invested in providing a high level of support for our employees, offering equipment to support home-working, flexible working options, weekly online exercise classes and access to tutors to help with home schooling. We also offer all staff access to a 24/7 support helpline and private one on one sessions to help with mental health.
We’re continuing on our journey to create an ever more diverse and inclusive culture, supported by a new smarter approach to working. We want to make sure everyone is looked after and supported.
- Production of all reinsurance recoveries, consultation with the claims department as required
- Maintain the XL Pro system used for Outward Reinsurance
- Complete the month end net process on the XL Pro system and deliver the monthly extract to Finance/Actuarial
- Production and issuance of all Quota Share statements and applicable bordereaux
- Liaison with other teams as required: Operations, Finance, Exposure Management, Claims and Actuarial in order to resolve ad-hoc queries as they emerge.
- Assist in production of high-level Reinsurance MI and reporting
- Adherence to all aspects of Lloyd’s Minimum Standards for Reinsurance
- Complete Lloyd’s SRS return
- Assist with the QMA quarterly reporting for Lloyd’s IRO Forms 710 & 800
- Monitoring and recovery of reinsurer aged and bad debt and liaise with brokers accordingly
- Monitoring of reinsurance security and maintenance of the Approved Security Listing, to ensure compliance with prescribed agency standards
- Help to manage and develop the team alongside the Head of Reinsurance.
- Assist in the completion of Terrorism Returns
- Complete the NAIC return in relation to Outward Reinsurance
- Assist with the Schedule F Return in relation to Outward Reinsurance
- Assist in the collation of information for Reinsurance placements.
- To review facultative contract documentation with comments fed back to the Head of Reinsurance.
Essential & desirable skills
- Reinsurance market, process and procedures.
- High-level understanding of Underwriting classes and exposure.
- Lloyds Minimum Standards in so far as they relate to Reinsurance.
- Ability to effectively manage RI brokers and external RI process.
- Experience in helping to manage/lead more junior members of the team.
- Lloyd’s Reinsurance experience.
- Similar roles previously.