Client On-boarding Executive
Blue Peak is dynamic, friendly accountancy and tax business that likes to do things a little differently. We put a huge emphasis on the relationships we have with clients putting them front and centre in virtually everything we do. We are growing fast and so the opportunities for development in the role and in the business are there for the correct individual.
This on-boarding role is pivotal in establishing the initial relationship with new clients as it transitions an individual or company owner from the initial proposal discussions, through the quoting stage to becoming a fee paying client. There are a raft of legal and regulatory responsibilities that Blue Peak have to comply with so attention to detail is paramount. There are also various strict deadlines that need to be adhered to so that our limited company clients and personal tax clients’ needs are met in a timely fashion, and the existing team can manage and schedule their work accordingly.
It is a very varied role that requires high levels of organisation, a desire to get into the details and a confidence with numbers and spreadsheets. You will be communicating daily with clients both by email and phone and be interacting with the entire team at Blue Peak.
You will need to be comfortable with being involved in discussions at all levels of the business and be prepared to show initiative and take ownership of ideas and projects.
The Client On-boarding Executive is a middle management position reporting to the Head of Marketing.
Essential main job functions:
- Support the team from the proposal stage, including quoting for work based on our standard pricing templates.
- Liaise with clients around the process and what documentation is required.
- Support with the writing of the contract, including an understanding of our legal requirements, as well as the scope as agreed in the quote.
- Calculation and agreement of billing process with clients.
- Obtaining relevant references and ID, conducting Anti Money Laundering checks.
- Managing client trackers / pulling reports to ensure the team is aware of what services we have agreed with each client and the deadlines from delivering these services.
- Arranging and running a weekly team meeting to walk through work in progress and client deliverables.
- Being a point of contact for client queries and escalating these to the relevant team member as appropriate. We do expect that the person in this role would be able to answer some technical queries from clients.
- Managing the billing process, including setting up recurring invoices, as well as answering questions that clients may have.
This part of the role will require an understanding of various deadlines and deliverables that limited companies, as well as personal tax clients, will need to meet and as such experience in an accountancy business or running your own business is desirable.
The role also includes:
- Maintaining appropriate levels of office supplies.
- Liaising with suppliers and renegotiating contracts.
- Providing ad-hoc support to the management team with arranging client meetings, or other similar tasks.
- Payment of invoices to suppliers.
- Monthly review of outstanding debtors and sending initial emails. Managing debtor’s tracker and escalating where Director support is required.
- Collecting VAT receipts, updating our cloud based accounting system i.e. Xero with whether items have VAT on or not.
- Some reconciliation of our internal accounting system.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel
- Good organisation skills
- Good internal and external communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong mathematical skills
- Accountancy Practice experience is desirable and/or small business ownership
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of Xero or another similar finance package
On the job training will be provided but the individual will be required to take ownership and show initiative at an early stage.