Willmott Dixon Interiors is now recruiting for a Senior Estimator to join our team. Although the main office is in London, this role can also be done remotely.
This position will see you manage commercial activities with a high degree of acumen whilst identifying opportunities to add value throughout the project process. You will be able to price work winning tenders solely or leading other estimators when packaging up larger projects. You will also be able to produce a detailed control document at handover to the delivery team and complete project take-offs to the required level of detail up to the level of SMM 7 for agreed trades.
As an interiors specialist our projects are diverse and may be CAT A or CAT B and involve complicated refurbishments of existing premises. These may be from circa £5m to circa £25m in value.
We are a very customer focused business and would expect our Estimating teams to constantly reinforce and deliver our customer first ethic and 'Everything Completed with Pride'.
You will be joining a friendly and supportive team and we hope to offer you a career of a lifetime.
Willmott Dixon Interiors deliver nationwide projects across the Commercial, Hotel, Leisure, Retail, Education and Health sectors. No matter the scope or scale of the project, our people are the best in the business and have the specialist knowledge required to rise to any project challenges that may come their way.
Values that we live by and would hope you do too - Courage, being Open and Respect for everyone (COR).
Are you an innovator? We are not afraid to think big and embrace innovative digital design, along with manufacturing approaches, to make sure we deliver a better, stronger and more personal offer and exceed our customers' expectations.
We are secured on some of the biggest public sector frameworks both nationally and regionally so basic understanding of the processes involved would be beneficial.
Senior Estimator Objectives
- To undertake commercial activities with a high degree of acumen.
- To identify opportunities to add value throughout the project process.
- To identify risks and opportunities.
- To lead the supply chain enquiry process
- To produce a detailed control document at handover to the delivery team.
- To lead and prepare the complete commercial and pricing element of a tender or cost plan.
Our office (when you need to go to it - how times have changed) is within easy reach of a number of stations: Blackfriars, Cannon Street, Farringdon, Fenchurch Street, Holborn, Liverpool Street and Waterloo and all the fantastic amenities, our customers and food destinations that part of London offers!
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around their continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Willmott Dixon Interiors are an Investor in People Gold Award holder.
We have very recently been awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 (2020) to work for, the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2021 and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development.
- Successful delivery of tenders on a wide range of tenders
- Have experience of various construction methods
- Experience of controlling costs, timing and quality in line with targets
- Experience of reading and accurately interpreting drawings and technical specifications
- Relevant degree
- Use the Conquest Estimating System or similar
- Respond positively and with resilience with setbacks,
- State your position and views clearly and confidently in conflict situations,
- Identify your customers' needs and expectations and strive to deliver them,
- Present plans clearly, concisely, accurately and in ways that ensure understanding,
At Willmott Dixon we look for a balance of skills and experience but just as important to us are your values and behaviours. This role would be suitable to a person who:
- Is a team player.
- Has a growth mindset.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Is able to Problem solve.
- Is positive & proactive.
- Has excellent presentations skills both written and verbal.
- Is innovative/creative/open minded.
- Displays model behaviour that shows respect, helpfulness and co-operation.
- Reflects regularly on experiences and performances and constantly seeks to improve.
- Is personable, friendly, approachable, motivated and flexible.
In return we provide you a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, the opportunities for you to develop your career with Willmott Dixon and the training to make this happen - but most importantly a great place to work with a true family ethos and a chance to develop your career of a lifetime!
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
We are proud to be part of the Willmott Dixon family; a privately-owned contracting and interior fit out group in the UK. With a rich history, amazing track record and strong values, this partnership makes us a stronger and more progressive organisation, allowing us to share knowledge and take on bigger and better projects.