Due to COVID19, colleagues in eligible roles are currently working from home in line with government guidelines
Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to close the advertisement and interview earlier than stated
We are currently seeking experienced Lettings Negotiators to join our growing team. As a Build to rent landlord, all the homes we market are owned and managed by L&Q. Your focus will be finding the best tenants to occupy our homes.
L&Q currently has an open market rent portfolio of 5000 homes with the ambition to have another 5,000 new build homes in the next 5 years; expanding greatly to become one of the largest rental portfolios in the capital. Our open market rent portfolio consists of Private Rent Sector (PRS) Intermediate Market Rent (IMR) and London Living Rent (LLR) stock.
You will be responsible for:
· Marketing of PRS properties (both new lets of acquired schemes and re-letting of existing stock) and sourcing suitable tenants through the relevant portals.
· The use of dedicated marketing material created by our marketing team for large new developments as well as relet properties.
· You will be responsible for the use of our dedicated marketing suites and/or show homes
· Dealing with/following up on telephone and email enquiries from prospective tenants looking to rent
· Arranging and carrying out accompanied viewings
· Following up on viewings, negotiating offers and converting them into acceptable offers
· Give input and feedback to our valuations team to conduct up-to-date market appraisals and valuations
of our PRS properties
· Managing and maintaining a database of applicants/prospective tenants to minimise void periods and maximise rents of PRS properties
· Preparing and attending launch events, ensuring they are a success with maximum reservation on the day
You will work a 35-hour week on alternating patterns (Week 1: Monday – Saturday 9-5pm with one day off during the week. Week 2: Monday – Friday 11am – 7pm) in line with the department's rota.
To be successful in the role you will have:
· Prior lettings knowledge and experience gained within a commercial environment is advantageous
· Desirable experience in dealing with property listings and advertisements such as Rightmove & Zoopla
· Energy, passion, drive, and determination within your role
· Proven track record in delivering on targets and deadlines within a demanding customer focused lettings environment
· Exceptional communication and customer service skills with a pleasant telephone manner
· Excellent organisation and time management skills
· Experience using MS Office Suite
· Good business ethics with the ability to respond positively to challenges
· This person will need to possess the L&Q values of: people, passion, inclusion, responsibility impact
As this is an essential car user post, the post holder is required to have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle for their first day of employment as well as the duration of their employment within this role.
At L&Q, people are at the heart of our business and our success depends on employing the best people and getting the best from them. This is why we are committed to developing our people. It's only by investing in a well-trained and motivated workforce that we can continue to prosper and sustain business success.
You will have access to our full suite of benefits including:
· 26 days annual leave as standard which may be increased to 31 days with continued service.
· Annual bonus (subject to group performance)
· A range of diverse networking groups to join, Kaleidoscope, Inspire & Spectrum
· Excellent Pension scheme
· Investment in your career development – Possibility to gain an ARLA industry recognised qualification.
· Recognition one off bonus
· Healthcare and Wellbeing offers
· Employee assistance programme
· London Plus Credit Union – To help staff improve their finances
· Cycle-to-work scheme
· L&Q staff discount available to use in selected retail stores
· Yearly PRS social events
Apply Now: to apply please click on the apply button and complete an online application.
*ECU Allowance is paid in accordance with requirements of the relevant policy as updated from time to time.
COVID 19: The safety of our staff and our candidates is of the utmost importance. Every effort will be taken to ensure that safe ways of working are adopted throughout the Recruitment and Selection process. We are introducing extra precautions in line with UK Government Guidelines. Our recruitment processes will follow social distancing and COVID-19 Secure requirements. This will include the use of various technologies to support the interview process. Should candidates have any questions regarding this, or if you require additional support please let us know at the interview planning stage.
At the foundation of everything that we do are our corporate values and associated behaviours. Our organisational behavioural framework outlines the core expectations of all employees, which should be demonstrated at all times when representing L&Q. More information about L&Q’s values can be found on our website and a copy of our behavioural framework can be provided on request.
We are committed to supporting your work-life balance and recognise the changing demands and circumstances in life. Please let us know during the recruitment process if you're interested in part time working or job sharing. In addition, should your circumstances change once you have joined L&Q, you can also request flexible working arrangements, e.g. a change to working hours - if it's feasible then we'll make it happen.
We are recognised externally for our commitment to inclusion. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident (Committed) employer and have signed the Time to Change Employer Pledge to demonstrate our commitment to end mental health discrimination in the workplace.
We expect all of our employees to support our environmental policy and social responsibility work. We are an employer committed to environmental and social responsibility.