Business Risk Liaison Officer - Human Resources - Home Working Available
What working at Columbia Threadneedle offers….
Working at Columbia Threadneedle Investments you’ll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you’ll find growth and career opportunities across all of our businesses. We’re intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies, and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients’ specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter. Where you’ll fit in & what our team goals are…
You will oversee the delivery of operational and regulatory risk management and serve as a liaison to senior leadership in discharging their risk management and control obligations in line with policy and regulation.
You will provide input to risk management strategies and objectives and ensure an integrated risk framework and strong control environment by leading the organization in the proactive identification of risk, continuous control improvement and issue mitigation. You will manage a small team responsible for risk mitigation efforts.
How you’ll spend your time…
- Provides risk and controls thought leadership and expertise.
- Leads the development of risk management strategies that drive identification, quantification, and mitigation of risk within the business, while providing acute depth of knowledge and influence.
- Leads the review of inventories/maps/KRIs and handles escalations.
- Owns select policies and procedures and recommends updates as required.
- Manages the consolidation, tracking, and reporting on controls remediation projects.
- Integrate Business Continuity Planning exercises into risk management processes.
Operational Risk Management:
- Oversees risk assessment activities and Risk & Controls Committee deep dives and presents recommendations that align with business objectives to the BU head.
- Provides knowledge and expertise to the management of complex risk incidents to ensure thorough communication, timely risk event action remediation and root cause identification. Assesses if issues are corrected appropriately and controls/mitigation are put in place.
- Evaluates internal risk trends and leverages industry knowledge to recommend actionable solutions.
- Ensures risk-based testing programme is completed thoroughly and accurately.
- Establishes consistent and thorough quality checks and systematic communication of findings from Business Risk & Controls testing, RCS assurance or SOx testing.
- Leads the preparation for Business control meeting and ensures appropriate follow-ups on most critical items.
- Benchmarks industry-wide data and stay up to date on trends, best practices, issues, and concerns. Maintains knowledge of Risk/Compliance guidance, champions 2nd line Risk initiatives, presents strategic recommendations to BU head.
- Establish strong, trusted internal partnerships with other senior Business Risk & Controls colleagues to facilitate sharing of information and disciplines to ensure a consistent and coordinated level of service is provided.
- Provide effective people leadership to team, through coaching, feedback, and sound performance management.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of work product across the team and assist with removing roadblocks by influencing others.
To be successful in this role you will have…
- Deep Risk/Control knowledge and expertise: thorough understanding of current techniques in operational risk management, controls and operational soundness.
- Analysis: assess multiple data points to develop an actionable plan that is aligned with business objectives.
- Program management: put in place mechanisms and oversee business unit deliverables with respect to the control environment.
- Governance: design, establish, and oversee an integrated governance framework that support Business Unit head understanding and actioning of key issues; ability to identify escalations as required.
- Influence: influence other stakeholders to deliver on their operational risk responsibilities by providing strong thought leadership.
- Experience in an operational risk, controls, business management or audit