Consultant Relations Manager - Home Working Available
What working at Columbia Threadneedle offers….
Working at Columbia Threadneedle Investments you’ll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you’ll find growth and career opportunities across all of our businesses. We’re intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies, and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients’ specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter. Where you’ll fit in & what our team goals are….
You will join a well-established Global and EMEA Consultant Relations Team with a broad array of products utilized by investment consultants. Support the existing team in servicing Tier 1 & 2 investment consultants, while taking primary coverage of some of the Tier 3 firms with the aim of retaining and raising assets for the firm.
How you’ll spend your time…
- Continue to enhance Columbia Threadneedle's brand and reputation in the marketplace by providing clear and intentional articulation of the firm's investment capabilities and value proposition to the consultant community.
- Take primary responsibility for some local UK consultants. Write and implement a focused business plan determining which investment strategies are best placed with each firm from a research perspective, manage the research process, achieve new ratings and promote rated products to field consultants to ensure Columbia Threadneedle is invited to finals.
- Participate in consultant research and product update meetings with Portfolio Managers and/or Client Portfolio Managers (CPMs) where appropriate.
- Assist the team in maintaining and servicing existing ratings on the firm's investment capabilities by co-ordinating and hosting research updates and engagements, DDQs, ODDs, data requests and other ongoing requests from research and field consultants.
- Coordinate and collaborate with colleagues on the investment floor, in client service, RFP, performance measurement and operations to provide deliverables to consultants in a timely manner.
- Foster close relationships with the UK Institutional Sales and Client Relationship team in retention of existing client relationships and consultant exposure.
- Ensure all activities are saved in the CRM system and all lists are up to date for marketing purposes. Proactively identify needs and propose recommendations.
To be successful in this role you will be…
- Prior experience from the asset management industry and ideally have completed the IMC. This could suit an individual from an RFP or Client Serving background looking to move into a Consultant Relations focused role or someone already working in Consultant relations looking to take the next step in their career.
- Ability to independently organise and execute on competing priorities
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and resourcefulness
- Ability to confidently interface between investment teams and consultant community acting as a figurehead of the institutional business to the EMEA market
If you also had this, it would be great…
- Experience in institutional distribution and / or investment consultants’ and knowledge and understanding of the UK institutional market and it's driving forces across DB&DC pensions, insurance and charities is beneficial.