Development Manager - Home Working Available
You’ll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you’ll find growth and career opportunities across all our businesses. We’re intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients’ specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base. We welcome applications from returners to the industry.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter. In this role you will be responsible for project delivery, ongoing enhancements (BAU) and day to day support of applications supporting EMEA Distribution business. This business facing role is responsible for leading the technical delivery of bespoke and vendor solutions covering sales and marketing solutions collaborating with global teams, including team management, requirements analysis, solution design, development, system testing, code deployment, data load/migration and technical documentation
• End to end delivery of projects, enhancements and support of applications
• Face off with business partners to discuss and drive the agenda forward
• Work iteratively with business representatives and business analysts to refine scope and user stories
• Propose innovative solutions partnering with Architects and other stakeholders
• Design and develop bespoke applications, business intelligence and analytics capabilities
• System/release testing; support business representatives to plan and execute UAT
• Code deployment; Create and manage comprehensive technical documentation for all projects and changes
• Agile Scrum management; lead stand-ups
• Sprint planning/backlog grooming
• Identify new technologies and/or opportunities for enhancing existing systems
• Manage info security posture for our applications
• Vendor risk assessment
• Change & Release management
• Provide thought leadership & guidance to other team members
• Effectively collaborate with cross-commits across global organization
• Resource planning and management
* Bespoke development including end-to-end project delivery; experience dealing with vendors on packed solutions, integrations
* Ability to engage and influence business partners
* Agile Scrum experience
* Ability to manage team capacity plan, managing staff across time zones, collaborate with cross-commits; Asset Management domain knowledge (Sales & Marketing data); C# or Java, Services/API programming background, advanced knowledge and experience on enterprise Data Lake/Data Pipeline on cloud technologies such as AWS Glue, S3, IAM, Lambda, Redshift, DynamoDB, Cloud Watch, Lake Formation etc.
* Experience with DevOps processes, automation tools and proficiency in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipeline models; good understanding of info security posture;
* Pro-active, owns and resolves issues
* Python experience is a plus; Salesforce, Marketing cloud, Business Intelligence, Tableau or PowerBI