Financial Reporting Accountant - Swindon - Home Working Available
se with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients’ specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base. We welcome applications from returners to the industry.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter. Where you’ll fit in & what our team goals are….
The Columbia Threadneedle Investments asset management group is the global brand under which legal entities are registered world-wide. In this role you will assist in the preparation of the annual Statutory Accounts, Regulatory and Statistical Reporting in addition to the preparation of Financial Board Packs.
How you'll spend your time....
- Preparation of annual statutory Financial Statements for the EMEA and APAC entities (approx 60 entities in total of which you will prepare a subsection) against tight reporting deadlines under IFRS, new UK GAAP (this includes consolidated group accounts, insurance companies, trusts, general partnerships and charitable foundations) and other overseas GAAP for certain locations
- Work closely with external auditors to ensure audit questions are answered fully on a timely basis
- Preparation of Regulatory reporting submissions and Statistical reporting submissions for UK entities and certain overseas entities within the EMEA and APAC regions including analytical review on movements
- Preparation and review of quarterly Financial Board packs including analytical review on movements.
- Assist the Senior Financial Reporting accountant with the Preparation of technical accounting papers as and when required
- Preparation of Statutory Financial Statements related Board papers that explain the key points that the Boards need to be aware of before they give their approval
- Develop a knowledge of the key business operations and the regulatory frameworks impacting the various entities in the EMEA and APAC group for a subsection of entities
- Identification of process enhancements or risk mitigation proposals to discuss with team management prior to managing implementation
To be successful in this role you will have....
- The successful candidate will ideally be ACA or ACCA part qualified, however MAAT qualified candidates will be considered
- In addition to a sound understanding of IFRS and UK GAAP, a working knowledge of US GAAP would be helpful in discussions with parent company Finance department
- Good Excel/Word reporting skills
If you also had this, it would be great….
- Self-starter with positive attitude
- Sets high personal goals and strives for continual improvement
- Exposure to Workday Financials beneficial but not critical