Model Validation Manager - Flexible Working Available
Are you an amazing communicator? Do you have an eagle eye for detail? Would you love to become the go to person for all things model validation? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Model Validation Manager, you will be responsible for the validation of all models within Metro Bank, with particular emphasis on IFRS 9 and IRB models. You will make sure they are fit for purpose, in line with the Bank’s model risk appetite and adhere to internal and external standards. As part of your role, you will support the maintenance of the independent model validation framework, including standards and tools as well as project planning, validation action tracking and stakeholder management.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working and you will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
So what would you be doing?...
• Looking after and owning model validations and providing subject matter expertise on modelling
• Delivering model validation reports
• Participating in the creation and maintenance of a validation procedures framework
• Keeping up to date on the latest modelling techniques and regulatory guidelines
• Dealing and resolving any model validation technical issues
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• We need you to have management experience in a quantitative role within Risk in financial services
• It is important that you have experience in either model development or validation
• You will have amazing stakeholder management skills
• You need to have excellent knowledge of model development and validation testing techniques covering risk models, treasury, financial planning, credit risk, ICAAP and ILAAP
• We would love for you to have some knowledge of SAS enterprise guide/miner, Microsoft Office and VBA
• Naturally, you will have strong communication skills and experience in presenting technical ideas to a non-technical audience
• We need you to have an understanding of the regulatory framework and standards - IRB, IFRS 9, ICAAP and RTS
• It would be amazing if you have an understanding of financial products, statistical theory, pricing methodologies, risk management, Basel and regulatory requirements
• An understanding of internal capital adequacy assessment process (ICAAP), pillar 1, 2A, 2B and 3 capital requirements, RWA would be fantastic
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!