Regional Commercial Credit Partner
Are you looking for a job in Credit with a difference? Would you like to be part of a Business & Commercial Banking team where the relationship team and credit team work together in the best interests of our customers? Would you like to use your judgement and experience as part of the decision making experience? If this sounds exciting read on…
As a Regional Commercial Credit Partner at Metro Bank you will be working alongside the commercial specialist lenders where you will play a critical role in ensuring the Metro Bank lending book grows safely, and that we continue to deliver amazing service to all of our customers.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working and you will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
So what would you be doing?...
• Attending virtual and actual (within government C-19 guidelines) meetings with Commercial Banking colleagues and customers to demonstrate Metro Bank’s Credit Partnership Model and get to know our customers first hand
• Helping to structure lending propositions to provide appropriate finance for customers whilst protecting the bank
• Analysing and underwriting lending propositions
• Approving Business & Commercial credit applications under an individual-specific lending discretion or recommending applications to the Head of Credit, Director - Commercial Underwriting and Credit Committee
• Working closely with our relationship managers to monitor and control their existing portfolios including COVID-19 impacted customers
• Proactively work with our Business & Credit Support (BCS) on transactions showing early warning signs and finding appropriate solutions for the customer
• Coaching and supporting Business & Commercial Banking lending colleagues and Credit Managers
• Undertaking ad hoc projects related to Business & Commercial credit and the wider Risk environment
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You must have experience of Business & Commercial credit underwriting and management
• You need to have knowledge of SME, Business & Commercial lending for trading businesses
• It is essential you have experience of making lending decisions
• You must have up to date knowledge of Business & Commercial credit assessment techniques
• Ideally, you will have experience of restructuring deals
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!