Lead Supplier Assurance Manager - 1 Year FTC
Do you have extensive assurance/audit experience in a lead role? Are you technically astute with broad knowledge of supplier risk and controls? Would you love to be part of the British banking revolution? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Supplier Assurance Lead, you will be leading and managing a small team to carry out controls testing to make sure our key suppliers put in place effective controls to mitigate the risk exposure to Metro Bank. The scope covers key controls such as but not limited to cloud security, information security, physical security, business continuity, fraud prevention, records management, modern slavery, etc. to make sure the products and services are delivered in a way that will not harm Metro Bank or our customers.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working and you will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
So what would you be doing?...
• Being responsible for the timely delivery of high quality and value adding supplier assurance reviews
• Developing and maintaining the annual supplier assurance plan
• Defining and executing supplier assurance strategies and fit for purpose test scripts
• Conducting QA on the team’s deliverables to make sure they meet high quality standards
• Managing the central tracking, reporting and ongoing monitoring of open supplier remediation actions
• Providing support to Service Owners in reviewing supplier remediation evidence
• Building strong relationships with stakeholders across the Bank
• Providing insight into current supplier control issues and emerging trends
• Keeping up to date on regulatory changes and industry best practices
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Naturally, you will have experience working in assurance or audit role
• You will have excellent communications, report writing and spreadsheet skills
• We would be really excited, if you could showcase your analytical capabilities, ability to make decisions under uncertainty combined with a common sense approach
• It would be amazing if you are CISSP or CISM certified
• In order to exceed in this role, you need to be able to manage people in a way that inspires, develops, and delivers results
- IMPORTANT FOOTNOTE;
- Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!